Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool? Empty "Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 19:28

First of all, thank you guys so much for all the work you've done here.  I experienced a number of problems but it seemed like there were already solutions floating around, so thanks for that!  However, I seem to have hit a weird road block and I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem.  I'm having that dreaded "Unofficial Game Modification" thing pop up and the things suggested on the FAQ page aren't helping.  I thought it was my old mods and CC, so I deleted them, but no go.  After that, I updated the game with the manual patch again and reapplied the Ultimate Fix (to the proper location, I've checked a thousand times) and it just isn't working.

I think it's worth noting that I can't start the game from the launcher due to the no CD thing, but I started it from the TS3W file and it looked like it was working until it gave me the aforementioned error.  For kicks, I tried to play the game anyways and it crashed as it was loading a new world.

I saw that Shamrock's nifty helper tool helped a lot of people with this problem, and I have a hunch it'll work for me, too.  However, I seem to be having problems, er, downloading it?  I tried in Firefox and Chrome (I don't know if it would have made a difference) but the file doesn't seem to be going anywhere when I download it!  I can't open it or its file location after downloading.  Chrome tells me:  "Cannot save due to insufficient permissions.  Please save to another location."

This seems like such a silly thing to be hung up on.  What am I doing wrong?

Back to top Go down

"Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool? Empty Re: "Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 19:53

Try with IE? Razz
It's a .exe, so that's probably why you have trouble downloading it. Try the right click, then "Save link as", and save it somewhere else ^^

Back to top Go down

"Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool? Empty Re: "Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 20:27

I tried saving it in my documents, but then I got this error when I tried to run it!

"Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool? Jr8z

EDIT:

Tried it in IE Facepalm

"Unofficial Game Modification" error; having trouble downloading Shamrock's tool? 9t0n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2013, 21:08

Try this. Rename the file extension to .exe before launching!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 04:40

Hey there, sorry for my delayed response.  The same thing more or less happened, so I feel like this must just be a problem with me and Google Docs.  I'll do some searching and find out what the problem is, and if I manage to download it, I'll get back to you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 09:30

Ok tell me, otherwise I'll put it on Dropbox tonight for you...

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top