Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 update 1.36 and diesel -- launcher says to reinstall base game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 update 1.36 and diesel -- launcher says to reinstall base game? [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 update 1.36 and diesel -- launcher says to reinstall base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 09:37

well the diesel downloaded and copied # crack files over... when i try to start launcher says i need to reinstall base... did a manual and same error... i have the blackbox version of the complete edition ... is this my issue??

thanks in advance Smile

Last edited by jeff jefferson on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 22:02; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 update 1.36 and diesel -- launcher says to reinstall base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 update 1.36 and diesel -- launcher says to reinstall base game? [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:56

Hello,

Possibly, is it a modified installer that installs more than one title at once?
If it is, the Diesel installer and the patch don't recognize your base game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 update 1.36 and diesel -- launcher says to reinstall base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 update 1.36 and diesel -- launcher says to reinstall base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 17:38

it was .. installed everything at once... any suggestions? should i uninstall and just download and install seperately from g4tw? or can i just reinstall base game from the iso file i have?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jul 2012, 18:43

Hello,

You should uninstall yes, after that, your next move depends on whether or not you can install the base game separately. I'd try it though, you'll know if the patch won't install after you installed the base game.
Don't forget to restart your pc after uninstalling.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 18:56

doesnt look like i can pull the base off the original complete pack so.. downloading just the base game for fresh install

ill keep you posted Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jul 2012, 18:57

Hello,

Please do, and good luck Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 21:26

well downloaded and installed the g4tw release of the base game... funny it never asked for the serial code during the install not sure why

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 21:51

ok thanks g4tw... manual update worked like a charm..

thanks eldi and the g4tw crew Smile

sloved

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jul 2012, 21:55

jeff jefferson wrote:well downloaded and installed the g4tw release of the base game... funny it never asked for the serial code during the install not sure why
Hello,

That's odd... where exactly did you download it from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 22:02

actually downloaded it from g4tw.. updated fine .. recognizes all the expansions but is asking for diesel stuff disc... did i miss a step somewhere?

//EDIT

lol.. might want to crack the new install Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 29 Jul 2012, 22:11

Hello,

Indeed! Just re-do step 2 to 5 and your game should work like a charm again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly !
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2012, 22:17

good and good thanks again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 30 Jul 2012, 09:22

Hello,

You’re welcome.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top