Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED] Empty Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 15:46

So I've downloaded the blackbox edition of the Sims 3 a while ago and tried to apply the Ultimate Fix. I used the manual patch to update and everything went fine, base game apparantly being recognized. Still I get this error. Also, I can open "start" the launcher, but also get an error that says: "There was an error during startup. Please see log for more information."

The blackbox edition installs all expansions at once, by the way. Is there any way to solve this? I've looked in my registry, and something that surprised me that the SKU's of all expansions are 1, but those of the base game and World Adventures are set to 2.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED] Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED]

Post by Admin Tue 31 Jul 2012, 15:53

Hello,

The SKU values are normal. Ugh, a modified installer.
Try this, please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED] Empty Re: Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 15:57

Aye, problem is that I've installed all expansions except for Diesel Stuff (but that doesn't show up in registry, logically). So there's nothing to remove. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 31 Jul 2012, 16:04

Hello,

Did you touch (Read: rename, remove, move) any of the installation folders?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 16:09

Nope. It's freshly installed. Although, the folder of the blackbox version differs from the normal folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Complete Edition" and in this base game and expansions.Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED] Naamlooscb

EDIT: If it's able to help, this is what my registry looks like:
Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Sims 3 Blackbox [CLOSED] Scaled.php?server=560&filename=naamloos2t

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 31 Jul 2012, 16:19

Hello,

I think I found the problem. In the future please DO NOT use any modified installers, as they will most likely cause nasty problems like this.
Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox. I'll try to fix the problem for you.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2012, 01:59

I've got the same problem
ask for game base reinstall

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 27 Aug 2012, 10:41

emiliouser wrote:I've got the same problem

Hello,

Please open a new topic. It'll be easier for us to keep track and provide more personal support.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Aug 2012, 18:05

Lady ElDi wrote:

Hello,

Please open a new topic. It'll be easier for us to keep track and provide more personal support.
well, thank you for your answer but my expansion is in spanish, I managed to install both in the same folder but still gives an error, after changed the locale and the title in registry, it still is unable to load, and to update to 36.45 can't end installation giving a DLL SETUP ERROR
I guess is uncompatible, maybe bb release the repack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 27 Aug 2012, 21:54

emiliouser wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:

Hello,

well, thank you for your answer but my expansion is in spanish, I managed to install both in the same folder but still gives an error, after changed the locale and the title in registry, it still is unable to load, and to update to 36.45 can't end installation giving a DLL SETUP ERROR
I guess is uncompatible, maybe bb release the repack
Hello,

You didn't get the message. What she means if please open your own topic, so we can help you out.
It's a lot easier and organized for us. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top