Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help on whole installation of Sims 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help on whole installation of Sims 3. Empty Help on whole installation of Sims 3.

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 05:52

Okay so before I had Sims 3 Base, WA, Showtime, and Generations downloaded and had some fun, got a saved game and all. So I then decided I wanted Ambitions, Late night, and Pets. I installed Late Night first and when I read the installation guide, it said to uninstall everything, restart, re-download the base game and apply no cracks and I was fine with it, cause I just moved my saved game onto my desktop so I wouldn't lose it. So I have only got the base installed with no cracks so far. Then it says to download with no cracks (if you want) World Adventures, High End loft, Ambitions (Must), Fast Lane, and THEN Late Night (WITH cracks).

I only want WA and Ambitions, so I want to download WA first, then Ambitions, then Late night. But when I start up WA it says the sims 3 has to update so when I click yes, it says it can't update which I would think its not an authorized copy because the crack is not in the sims 3 base yet. I don't know what to do now because I don't want to screw anything up. Should I use the ultimate fix ONLY for the Sims 3 base so I can update it to be able to install World Adventures and everything else?

Also, for world adventures. There is 4 diff crack folders. Are you positive I shouldn't apply any of the crack folders for world adventures? I meant I can't anyways since I can't install it yet, but when I am able to, should I still not apply any of those cracks?

Thanks you <3

Back to top Go down

Help on whole installation of Sims 3. Empty Re: Help on whole installation of Sims 3.

Post by Dracos66 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 06:26

OK patching is no problem. Go HERE and follow the instructions on how to download and apply the current patch level manually. Then copy the fixed .exe and .dll from the Ultimate Fix to the base game folder following the instructions HERE

With the new patch it is no longer necessary to copy the other cracks to the other directories so you can ignore the WA cracks folder.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Help on whole installation of Sims 3. Empty Re: Help on whole installation of Sims 3.

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 06:56

Patching? Will that update the base so I can start installing WA?

Also I can't really continue much else till I get Ambitions and late night installed. Or is that part void now in the late night installation guide?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 07:12

Yes patching will update the base game so that you can install all of the EPs and SPs released so far with no more prompts to update the game.

Once you have updated the game and installed WA, LN, and any other expansion/stuff pack you want, follow the steps HERE to correctly apply the Ultimate Fix.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012, 07:13

Okay thank you Dracos! I will post an update on how everything goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:19

Hello,

Please do so, good luck and let us know if you need any assistance during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top