Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed Empty The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2012, 14:28

Hello,
I'm trying to install the World Adventures expansion. I can't seem to locate the area I need to go in order to install this game correctly. The directions say: 2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor.

I can get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ with no problem but there is no location that says "sims". My sims 3 copy is one I actually bought, if that makes a difference at all.

Thanks in advanced!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed Empty Re: The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 20 Aug 2012, 15:08

Hello,

It doesn't, but see if you can locate it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed Empty Re: The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2012, 15:35

Ok I found that and followed the directions. To the next step: 3. Open the '# Crack' file in this .rar file and open 'Crack 1'. Run the 'sims3patch.exe' and
follow on screen instructions. Change the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to:
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch!
I did that but now I'm getting an error saying the patch might have not installed correctly. My options are "renstall or say it's correct" The program appeared to be in another language which my computer couldn't read.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 20 Aug 2012, 15:38

Hello,

Skip the rest of that installation guide, it's no longer valid. Just use the manual patch now and when you're done installing everything, the crack from the fix. Note that the fix requires at least one of the following expansions: Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff or Generations.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2012, 15:42

Hi, thanks for the reply!
OK. So just so i'm clear. I stop the install of world adventures and skip right to the patch?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 20 Aug 2012, 16:15

Hello,

No if it's already installing, you may as well let it continue, but do the patch after that to avoid patching again if you install more packs.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2012, 16:48

Ok the patch is downloading. After I finished the word adventures instillation all the sudden origin opened up and tried to install an update. It said it wasn't correct and canceled it. Now it isn't showing up...

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Mon 20 Aug 2012, 17:22

Don't worry about the Origin update, its not needed to play the game. Install the 1.36 patch your downloading and the game will be updated.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 05:23

OK i finally got the patch but here's the issue. World Adventures doesn't show up under EA games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:39

Hello,

Does it show up on the launcher?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 15:25

Sorry i guess that was kinda confusing. It doesn't show up under C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts all the other expantions i've loaded up until now are there but no world adventures. I'm sure I've done something wrong down the line. Should I try and install world adventures again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Tue 21 Aug 2012, 19:31

First check to see if windows thinks WA is installed by going to your Add/Remove programs and looking for its listing there. If windows says its installed you may have selected another folder to install it (other than the default location) to by mistake, its not usually a problem though and should still show up in the game launcher.

If windows doesn't show it, then yes please re-install WA and then re-apply the Ultimate Fix
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 20:25

hmm it's not there... interesting. I wonder what happened. I'll try for the reinstall tomorrow as It's a bit late here now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 21 Aug 2012, 21:13

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 15:23

After running the program it opened up the installer in a language my computer couldn't read. I changed the save location as written in the instructions and when I hit the next (or what I assume to be next) It closed. I'm assuming it was asking for a CD because a logo of a CD came up.

ETA: Tried it again. A new screen (similar to the download launcher) came up said something my computer couldn't read and closed the downloader all together. I'll screen shots due to my poor description

ETA:
Screen shots
One
Two
Three
Four
At the last one I click the only button I can and it closes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Aug 2012, 18:46

Hello,

You might want to read this first: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
It says you may skip ALL "# Crack" folders. So also the ones that come with World Adventures. The only "# Crack" folder you need, is the one that comes with the Ultimate Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 19:15

OK I glanced at that but i read it again and I'm pretty sure I understand now. To be clear: I just skip all the crack steps to the install part THEN apply the fix? I think this is where I got confused thus my issues.
Is there a certain order I have to install everything in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Aug 2012, 19:32

Hello,

No, there's no specific order, just be sure not to skip any steps.
And if you did do it that way, you wouldn't get this:
gittelbug wrote:
ETA:
Screen shots
One
Two
Three
Four
At the last one I click the only button I can and it closes
... as these are files from the World Adventure's "# Crack" folder.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 20:02

Right I understand now. I'll get to it then and shouldn't have any more issue. Thanks so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Aug 2012, 20:04

Hello,

Good luck and please let us know the result! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:21

Got it! Thanks so much guys. I appreciate you all helping me out with this sillyness. I knew I had to be doing something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:26

Hello,

You're always welcome! So the game is working fine now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 17:14

I'm getting a "no game disk found" message. I installed the fix and the update packs. Should I install the fix again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 17:51

Update Packs? If your talking about the other #crack folders from the expansions, ignore those, DO NOT install the files from those folders as they are outdated.

First re-apply the 1.36 manual patch (if you removed or don't have it go HERE and follow the directions exactly)

After the update is done go HERE and get the Ultimate Fix, then go HERE and follow steps 4 & 5.

This should fix the problem. Again DO NOT install any of the files from the #crack folders that come with the expansion and stuff packs. The ONLY files you will need are in the Ultimate Fix #crack folder.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results and/or if you need any further assistance.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 18:30

Sorry update packs= manual patch. I couldn't remember the exact name.
You'd think i'd be better at this having downloaded from G4TW before. >>

I did the manual patch and the ultimate fix. I didn't use any crack folders aside from those listed in the ultimate fix. I installed the patch again (it told me i already was updated but i said install anyway).

Should I go through the Ultimate Fix again and do all the cracks it says?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top