Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed - Page 2 Empty The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Post by Guest Mon 20 Aug 2012, 14:28

First topic message reminder :

Hello,
I'm trying to install the World Adventures expansion. I can't seem to locate the area I need to go in order to install this game correctly. The directions say: 2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER]. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3 and double-click on 'SKU'. Change the shown
number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor.

I can get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ with no problem but there is no location that says "sims". My sims 3 copy is one I actually bought, if that makes a difference at all.

Thanks in advanced!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Post by Dracos66 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 17:51

Update Packs? If your talking about the other #crack folders from the expansions, ignore those, DO NOT install the files from those folders as they are outdated.

First re-apply the 1.36 manual patch (if you removed or don't have it go HERE and follow the directions exactly)

After the update is done go HERE and get the Ultimate Fix, then go HERE and follow steps 4 & 5.

This should fix the problem. Again DO NOT install any of the files from the #crack folders that come with the expansion and stuff packs. The ONLY files you will need are in the Ultimate Fix #crack folder.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results and/or if you need any further assistance.

Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3: World Adventures - not able to locate area listed

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 18:30

Sorry update packs= manual patch. I couldn't remember the exact name.
You'd think i'd be better at this having downloaded from G4TW before. >>

I did the manual patch and the ultimate fix. I didn't use any crack folders aside from those listed in the ultimate fix. I installed the patch again (it told me i already was updated but i said install anyway).

Should I go through the Ultimate Fix again and do all the cracks it says?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 19:47

Yes, Use the two files from the Ultimate Fix and put them exactly where the steps tell you to (C:/Programs/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Game/Bin), make sure to select 'Copy and Replace" when Windows asks what you want to do.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:46

Dracos66 wrote:(C:/Programs/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Game/Bin)
Hello,

For most of us this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug 2012, 16:47

woot got it working! thanks! Quick question I'm in the process of downloading outdoor living stuff (stealing wifi atm so it's slow) when i get it should i skip the crack and do the Ultimate fix too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 17:09

gittelbug wrote:woot got it working! thanks! Quick question I'm in the process of downloading outdoor living stuff (stealing wifi atm so it's slow) when i get it should i skip the crack and do the Ultimate fix too?

Yes as the crack in outdoor living is obsolete now.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Aug 2012, 18:26

awesome! Thanks everyone for all your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 18:37

Your quite welcome. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Smile
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 24 Aug 2012, 19:50

Hello,

Anything else we can currently help you with? Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top