Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Followed all the steps, but i can’t convert the .exe file to .dmg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Followed all the steps, but i can’t convert the .exe file to .dmg Empty Followed all the steps, but i can’t convert the .exe file to .dmg

Post by Guest Sat 25 Aug 2012, 08:19

Hi All,

I’ve been up all night trying to figure what am I doing wrong. I found the step by step procedure on how to install expansion pack on my mac. Unziped the file using stuff it expander, opened my disk utility and follow each and every step. Then after the conversion, i found “Late Night.dmg” on my desktop, by when i opened it, .exe file installer was there and there was no .dmg file. Sad help please. Sad

Back to top Go down

Followed all the steps, but i can’t convert the .exe file to .dmg Empty Re: Followed all the steps, but i can’t convert the .exe file to .dmg

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Aug 2012, 09:51

Hello,

Please wait for someone who knows these things, I don't know much about MAC.
Where did you get the base game?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Followed all the steps, but i can’t convert the .exe file to .dmg Empty Re: Followed all the steps, but i can’t convert the .exe file to .dmg

Post by Admin Sat 25 Aug 2012, 17:26

Hello,

So you opened "Late Night.dmg", which is a .dmg file, but there was no .dmg file in there? The installer should automatically start when running the .dmg file.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Aug 2012, 17:34

Hi, yes. I opened the .dmg file, but a “disk image” was created on my desktop right after I double clicked it. Sad and when i clicked the “disk image” the file that were in there were .exe.

Maybe i should re-download and do follow the steps one more time. Sad

I got the base game from my cousin, it’s an original one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 25 Aug 2012, 17:45

Hello,

OK, yes, in that case please re-try.
You can use this guide: http://games4theworld.org/Guides/The_Sims_3_MAC_Guide.pdf . If you scroll a little bit down, you'll get to the "expansions" part. The guide is out-dated, but the installation procedure for the expansion(s) should be the same.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top