Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't update my Sims 3 to v1.26 It says: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't update my Sims 3 to v1.26   It says: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" [SOLVED] Empty I can't update my Sims 3 to v1.26 It says: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 20:14

I can't update my Sims 3 to the latest version (I have PC). It asks me if I want to update it (the new patch 1.26.8 and something). i click OK and then Origin starts and downloads the patch and then after downloading it stops and the game asks me again if I want to update the game. I click OK and the same thing happens: downloading but no installing, and asking me again I want to update the game. I have tried this like 20 times. I don't know what to do. I've even unistalled and reinstalled the game two times, and I still have the same problem. I deleted all of my saved games and other unnecessary stuff.

And I have also tried your other thread about updating Sims 3 , I downloaded the patch and when I try to open it , it says: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item

I am the administrator and I have tried to look at the security settings, and I have full control. What's wrong? Can somebody help me?

** EDIT: NEVER MIND! I FIXED THE PROBLEM. IT WAS MY ANTI-VIRUS. I HAD TO TURN OFF MY ANTI-VIRUS.

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Admin edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Wink

- Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top