Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot open options ingame or get past "create a family" loading screen.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot open options ingame or get past "create a family" loading screen. Empty Cannot open options ingame or get past "create a family" loading screen.

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 19:13

Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry for my bad english, but it should be understandable i think..

Just installed The sims3 and a few expansions in the following order: The sims 3 original game > The sims 3 Late night > The sims 3 Generations > The sims 3 showtime and then i used the the sims 3 ultimate fix provided from https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems, followed instructions exactly managed to install to the lastest patch aswell (1.3.6 or something)

and game launches just fine, however when i press the options button to change my settings (resolution, grapich settings etc) it doesn't work, the options screen just closes down immidately so i cannot change any of my settings...

i figured i maybe would be able to open options if i started a new game so i made a new game with the new showtime city but the exact same thing happens with options...

...then i tried to create a new family in hope that it maybe would work once i was in an actual game, however i couldn't even get past the loading screen when loading create a new family...

Any suggestions on what might be wrong along with a fix for it?

If there is any help im running 64-bit windows 7 professional with SLI & intel i7 processor..

Back to top Go down

Cannot open options ingame or get past "create a family" loading screen. Empty Re: Cannot open options ingame or get past "create a family" loading screen.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 31 Aug 2012, 22:43

Hello,

Did you use the manual patch to get to game version 1.36? If not, try this. You will get a message that you're already at that patch level, but install it anyway. Then use the crack from the fix again (step 13).
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Cannot open options ingame or get past "create a family" loading screen. Empty Re: Cannot open options ingame or get past "create a family" loading screen.

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 23:15

I have very similar problem. I can't open Options, when i click on it, nothing happens, it makes sound like it appeared but theres nothing to see/click on. So i tryed to do what Lady ElDi said, and when using manual patch window pops out saying ''The setup has detected that version 1.38.151 of The Sims 3 is already installed. This setup installs are earlier version of The Sims 3 (1.36.45) You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing this version ''. Now, i installed The sims 3 base game and all of the expansions and stuff packs that G4TW has, and it all worked fine after few attempts. I used ultimate fix and manual patch and followed all instructions and i installed it succesfully, but i dont know what to do about this ''Options'' problem. Sorry for posting here, i was looking for solution on forum, but this is the only thing i could find, so i thought i should post here since we have very similar problem. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 01 Sep 2012, 23:18

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 23:42

Ah, thank you very much! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 01 Sep 2012, 23:45

Hello,

Does that answer your question for now? (You'll have to wait for us to update the Ultimate Fix)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:13

I have a similar problem but with 1.50 After creating a sim when I try to finsih my family the game gets stuck on the processing screen. I cant even edit relationships

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:33

kieraembers wrote:I have a similar problem but with 1.50 After creating a sim when I try to finsih my family the game gets stuck on the processing screen. I cant even edit relationships
Hello,

Please open your own topic and stick to that one. Don't spam all over the Forum, please. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top