Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does uninstalling Store Content and replacing them by .packages affect the game?[CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does uninstalling Store Content and replacing them by .packages affect the game?[CLOSED] Empty Does uninstalling Store Content and replacing them by .packages affect the game?[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 01:33

I'm sorry If I post this twice, but when I first started the other thread ( https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6423-does-uninstalling-store-content-and-replacing-them-by-packages-affect-the-game ) the modification in the forum wasn't made yet, and I think that post is now a bit forgotten, so I post my new doubts here.

"I am now in the process of renaming the just created packages files. Is it normal to have duplicates? I am using Merlin to rename them, and I also come up with a lot of files saying "Not Found" in the description or in the name. Does this mean those are thumbnails?

I encountered a problem. I was testing if hairstyles got replaced if I changed the file from sims3pack to package. I had a certain hairstyle I wanted to test, so I put it in the Mods folder (with the resource file, under a "Packages" folder) and after that I uninstalled the Compilation in which this certain hairstyle was included (from the Store). I entered the game, and all of the objects from that compilation where still in the game, including the hairstyle. After that, I decided I would create a new Sims 3 Folder, so I deleted (and backuped) the existing one. The game then created a new folder. I put my saves file in the folder, and the hairstyle I was trying was put in the Mods folder, again. I entered the game, and every CC object was gone, of course, because I had started a "Clean Game". But the hairstyle was gone too. I supposed, as I put the hairstyle under the Mods folder, it should have replaced the same object that was in Sims3pack. Why is this happening? Can I prevent everyhting from being replaced by base game objects?"

Back to top Go down

Does uninstalling Store Content and replacing them by .packages affect the game?[CLOSED] Empty Re: Does uninstalling Store Content and replacing them by .packages affect the game?[CLOSED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 01 Sep 2012, 08:18

Hello,

I'll move your other topic and close this one ok.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)