Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 20:07

So I downloaded The Sims 3 supernatural from your website, and when the setup attempts to update Sims 3 an error comes up saying ''Error with The Sims 3 update.Setup is unable to continue''. My game is currently patched to version 1.36, i haven't applied the 1.38 patch as it is still downloading on my Google Chrome browser. I am not sure if that might be the cause of the error. I haven't had any problems with your downloads until now, so I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 20:15

that could be the problem but dont think it is just download the new patch then try install the game see if that works it should

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 20:48

Hello,

Try a different browser, please.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:32

So the patch finished downloading, i updated my game to version 1.38 and got past the update issue on my setup. But then in the middle of installation a pop-up appears saying that setup needs the next disk that contains the
GameData \content_version.txt. What should I do ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 13:35

right if thats the case the EP is missing a file get a different copy see if that works

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 14:29

so i installed the base game and Katy perry stuff pack only,
and i want to install the supernatural expansion pack
so can i install supernatural?
or isit a must to follow the below step ? The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] 1577371209 The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] 2830496658

*********START***********Read each step carefully!***********START*********
Updated on: 5-09-2012

1. Install The Sims 3 and all expansions you like, but install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)
2. After you've installed all the games you want, download and apply this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch
3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, re-download the latest version of our Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
4. Open the "# Crack" folder in the Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder.
5. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

*********END***********Read each step carefully!***********END*********
The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] 1558443509

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 14:49

you can install supernatural dont matter what others u got installed dont have to be in order u can install supernatural no problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 20:47

Hello,

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop. Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 16:30

Hi, it me again and thk for your previous helps I love you Cool
OK, so i install generation ep as testing subject and success (no crash or wadever. The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] 294340757 )
and i installed master suite, diesel, showtime, generation & katy perry and it can run perfectly fine Smile
and now i downloaded supernatural and 1.38 update ( cuz when i was installing supernatural, it said it require an update to 1.38 and if i dint update it, i cnt install it. )
WHILE the 1.38 update was installing, it have an error saying that missing or having a duplicate file and so i clicked ignore.
the installation finish till the end. later on i installed the supernatural ep.
after the installation, i click play and said "please insert disc"
my question is..
1) is it ok to continue playing the sims 3 since there a minor problem during the installation of the update?
2) do i need the ultimate fix in order to fix the " insert disc" problem ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 18:10

Hello,

Yes, you can't play without the crack ("Please insert disc"), lol.
So please re-do step 3 and 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
After that, your game should work fine.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Sep 2012, 18:09

THX VRY MUCH !! *sryy for da late reply Razz computer burned :X
love ur blog cn keep up de good work I love you
The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] 2005046333

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 16 Sep 2012, 22:15

Hello,

No worries, glad to hear we can solve this problem, not knowing what to say else.
Enjoy the game!(?) The Sims 3 Supernatural installation problem. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top