Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Sep 2012, 15:06

Hi, sorry but I am a bit confused lol. When we have installed Supernatural do we have to update with the Superpatch (1.0gb) or with the incremental patch which is 200+mb? I am not sure which one to download.

I am asking because I always understood that the Expansion Pack also updates your game to the latest patch or am I incorrect?

Thanks for all your help. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Dracos66 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 17:11

I prefer the super patch as it saves steps if you ever have to re-installl. Incremental patches only patch from the previous version to its version
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 20:50

Hello,

Anything else we can help you with at the moment?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 09:37

Well I thanked (clicked on the thanks button) Dracos66 for his answer and I know that you link to the Superpatch but I would still like to know whether I can just use the incremental patch after installing Supernatural.

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:22

You can use just the incremental patch to go from 1.36 to 1.38
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:32

Dracoss66 thank you, I appreciate the reply but I don't think I have explained myself properly. I am not patching before I install SN so what I would like to know is after I have installed SN and am then asked to patch do I use the Superpatch then or can I use the incremental. There is a major difference in size and if I can use the incremental then I would rather download that, however if the general consensus is that it is better to use the Superpatch then I will download that instead.

Thank you so much for your help, I do appreciate it. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:06

Hello,

We do recommend the manual patch at all time, since it doesn't check your files and replaces all corrupt and cracked files with their originals. (The incremental patch does check the files and will most-likely give an "Invalid file found" error, if you have any cracks applied)

Though, after installing SN, you'll automatically have the (currently) latest version of the game, which is 1.38 at the moment.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 17:20

Thank you Admin. And thank you so much for all your hard work. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 20:54

Hello,

A pleasure, always!
Anything else we can currently help you with?

Thank you Dracos66!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:12

Simstatic wrote:Dracoss66 thank you, I appreciate the reply but I don't think I have explained myself properly. I am not patching before I install SN so what I would like to know is after I have installed SN and am then asked to patch do I use the Superpatch then or can I use the incremental. There is a major difference in size and if I can use the incremental then I would rather download that, however if the general consensus is that it is better to use the Superpatch then I will download that instead.

Thank you so much for your help, I do appreciate it. Smile

Sorry for the short replies and misunderstanding your question, been in a bit of a rush last few days trying to meet a work deadline, as Admin stated, the Super patch is the best bet for making sure the game does get patched without errors. You can use the incremental manual or game supplied patches but, as stated, they check the files and will usually error out on a fixed exe file. In my experience the smoothest installs happen if you use the super patch before installing an EP/SP.

Also, if you ever need to reinstall the Sims 3 the super patch makes it easier to install everything without waiting for each update to run. Just install the base game, patch with the current super patch and then continue with whatever EPs and/or SPs you want. This works for everyone, whether they bought all the game or, like most of us, got the games from here and are using the Ultimate Fix.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 14:19

@ Admin, at the moment Im good thanks, no further help needed.

@Dracoss66, no need to apologize as I should have explained myself better in the first place. But thank you for your last answer it actually clarifies things as well as I am going to uninstall and reinstall everything again so skipping all the updates will be great.

I checked the patch (in the support folder) of SN and I see it is also 1.02gb so that is definitely the Superpatch then.

Thanks again for all the help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 18:08

Simstatic wrote:I checked the patch (in the support folder) of SN and I see it is also 1.02gb so that is definitely the Superpatch then.
Hello,

Yes, that's the one!
Glad to hear your problem is solved for now. Good luck reinstalling everything and do not hesitate to open a new topic if you run into any problems, ever! Superpatch or Incremental Patch. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top