Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationship problem (Sims can no longer interact) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relationship problem (Sims can no longer interact) [SOLVED] Empty Relationship problem (Sims can no longer interact) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 04:22

I just got done installing the Supernatural Expansion and started playing a new game. I did the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and messed with some relationship bars. After I changed the relationships the two people who I did it to can no longer interact. I go to click on the other person and little body icon with their name appears but when I click the person nothing happens. There isn't even the click sound. I tried restarting my game but the people still cannot interact. Other people can interact with them and before I manually changed the relationship the two sims interacted just fine. I also tried turning off the cheat and still it did not work. I am not sure if it is from the Supernatural download or not but before I installed it, it worked just fine. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Update: I actually found out now that is any relationship beyond friends that they can no longer interact. I move the relationship bar to be below friends and then they COULD interact again, but once the become friends (naturally) they could no longer interact again. So it isn't actually the cheat that is doing it

Update: Same problem in other towns but I found it does not affect child and adult interactions or animal and human interactions. It only affects adult - adult interaction.

Last edited by Sonichi13 on Sun 09 Sep 2012, 04:06; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : More information about the problem)

Back to top Go down

Relationship problem (Sims can no longer interact) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Relationship problem (Sims can no longer interact) [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:36

Hello,

Please reinstall Late Night and any other expansions you want.
After that, re-do step 2 to 5: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Re-download everything needed! (Manaual patch, Ultimate Fix etc.)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Relationship problem (Sims can no longer interact) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Relationship problem (Sims can no longer interact) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 23:49

I don't need the other expansions I already have them all and everything works fine. My game is already updated to the latest version. The only problem is not being able to interact with the other Sim after I manually mess with the relationship bar. Also if I edit the relationship between a human and an animal they can still interact. So the only problem is between Sims.

Edit: I actually found out now that is any relationship beyond friends that they can no longer interact. I move the relationship bar to be below friends and then they COULD interact again, but once the become friends (naturally) they could no longer interact again. So it isn't actually the cheat that is doing it. Help

Last edited by Sonichi13 on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 07:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More information on problem.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 18:18

//MOVED
Hello,

What if you turn off testingcheatsenabled, using the testingcheatsenabled false cheat?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 21:14

Hello,

Yes I tried doing that and still nothing worked. I also tried restarting the game and restarting my entire computer and it still is messing up. I am no longer sure if it was even the cheat because once any of the sims reach "friends" level (even on their own, with out the cheat) then they cannot interact anymore. I have been playing in moonlight falls and have not tried any other town so maybe I will go to another town and see how it goes.

(Sorry for having it in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it.)

Update: Same problem in other towns but I found it does not affect child and adult interactions or animal and human interactions. It only affect adult - adult interaction.

Last edited by Sonichi13 on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 22:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 22:46

Hello,

Don't worry about the topic's location.
Hmmm... I think I'll leave this one to either Lady ElDi or someone else, since I'm afraid I do not know much about in-game stuff regarding The Sims 3.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 22:49

Okay thank you very much for your help though! I really appreciate it! ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 09 Sep 2012, 02:52

Do you have any mods/cc? Especially ones regarding relationships or family ties?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2012, 04:04

invalidusername wrote:Do you have any mods/cc? Especially ones regarding relationships or family ties?

YES! I had a mod from nraas that I forgot to update to the 1.38 patch. I updated it and now it works! Thanks!

Thank you everyone who tried to help. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 09 Sep 2012, 04:16

Not a problem Very Happy Enjoy the game.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top