Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Relationship Bugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Relationship Bugs Empty Sims 3 Relationship Bugs

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 18:08

Hi there, I recently installed the sims 3 base game + generations before installing all of the other expansions afterwards except a couple of the stuff packs (town life/high end loft) and i followed the ultimate fix guide (post 25 july update) apart from obviously installing the expansion packs in order and also I did not crack the other expansion packs (I did put the #crack folder in the base sims 3 \game\bin) as I wasnt sure if it was necessary. The only other thing I can think of which is different is I regedited the sims 3 base game to region 2 before the expansions as I had seen it suggested in other websites (I used to have sims 3 up to late night working perfectly until the dreaded 1.24.3 patch.) Also I have downloaded only the generations/fast lane stuff/outdoor living stuff from this website's links while the others that I have came from other sites.

Anyway, the problem is my relationships seem to be bugged when trying romance options as the relationship will keep getting reset to 'okay' almost immediately after flirty turns to very alluring, although its nearly impossible for me to get there even after 10+ successful romance interactions in a row and the rare times I have got there seem to be luck. While also people who i ask to stay over/ go on a date will often randomly, just after turning up, say they have to go home now. Also the heart-rotating-on-a-circle-thing above the sims head seems to never come up even after many many romance interactions, and although I don't know the mechanics I've played quite a lot of Sims 3 to believe that's essential to unlocking the interactions for girlfriend -> wife etc apart from the obvious okay -> flirty -> very alluring -> extremely irresistible progression.

If you have any thoughts on why this might be/what might fix it it would be great, and I really appreciate the work you've done on the fixes, everything else in the Sims seems to work great. At the moment i'm thinking that I should probably download all the expansion packs from links through this website but obviously its very time consuming in terms of download times and hoping this isnt necessary/hoping my method was wrong so I can just re-install the ones I have.

Last edited by 5h0r7y on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 18:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Relationship Bugs Empty Re: Sims 3 Relationship Bugs

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jul 2011, 18:20

Hello,

I'm not sure what this is, but as your subject states, it might be an EA bug, which needs to be patched.
Which version of the game do you have? And do you have Town Life Stuff installed?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 18:24

I have generations as my latest expansion patched at 8.0.152.011001. Do you think its worth trying to update the game via installing town life stuff and getting 9.x?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jul 2011, 18:32

5h0r7y wrote:I have generations as my latest expansion patched at 8.0.152.011001. Do you think its worth trying to update the game via installing town life stuff and getting 9.x?
Hello,

Please download the latest version of the Ultimate Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
You'll see that in order to get the latest version at this moment is by installing Town Life Stuff.
I'm not 100% sure whether it'll fix your problem, but I guess it's always worth trying.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male