Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed a Sims 3 update (1.38) and now I can't load a town? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed a Sims 3 update (1.38) and now I can't load a town? [SOLVED] Empty Installed a Sims 3 update (1.38) and now I can't load a town? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 02:47

Hi, (I'm new here so I don't know if I'm posting in the right place or how to go about this so bear with me please!)

I got the Sims 3 Pets from here, downloaded and installed it with no problems, it let me create a family without any problems either, but then I had an issue loading a family and playing in active mode. Anyway, I sorted that out (I deleted the Sims 3 file in my documents and it worked a treat),

after deleting this I got an error message about how the game modification doesn't match the current version of Sims 3 that I have, though it let me play anyway, but when I was in create a sim it kept closing down my game.

I downloaded the update (1.38) manually because it never seems to show the updates on my launcher. I opened up the game and it loaded mostly fine, up until you get to choose your neighbourhood. It kept Appaloosa on there, so Pets must still have been working, but it won't let me load the neighbourhood? Like usually if I double click it it'll load, or obviously if you press the play button, but I've now tried both of these twice and none of them are working (I've also reloaded the game several times and it's happening the same every time I do it), and it's getting rather frustrating because I haven't actually been able to play the game in active mode yet!

[I've not got any CC or mods, I deleted them all in an attempt to make it work the first time to no avail),

Please help! Getting to the point now where I just want to uninstall it and never see it again Wat.

Back to top Go down

Installed a Sims 3 update (1.38) and now I can't load a town? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed a Sims 3 update (1.38) and now I can't load a town? [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Sep 2012, 03:19

Did you also use the fix?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Installed a Sims 3 update (1.38) and now I can't load a town? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installed a Sims 3 update (1.38) and now I can't load a town? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 03:24

I used that before, yes, but I didn't reinstall it after the update had finished.

//EDIT

Ah thank you, I installed the fix again and it's now letting me load my neighbourhood, finger's crossed it lets me actually play this time! Razz but thank you, I appreciate it so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Sep 2012, 04:57

It's definitely something that needs to be updated every time you update the game. Glad I could help, and I hope you enjoy your game. Very Happy
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:11

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top