Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 - Town Life - how to install it when you have everything else installed?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - Town Life - how to install it when you have everything else installed?[SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 - Town Life - how to install it when you have everything else installed?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 18:14

Before you shout at me, just let me explain the current situation:

1. I've installed the base game and the expansions/stuff packs from your site.
2. I can't install the latest update for the sims 3. (1.24 from 1.22)

So I take it, I:

1. Download and install Town Life.
2. Download the latest fix.
3. Since I only altered Generations' file last time, and put the generations crack into Sims 3, I restore the original file to Sims 3 from the 'fix' and put the Town Life crack into the sims 3 folder?

Cheers in advance.

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Town Life - how to install it when you have everything else installed?[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Town Life - how to install it when you have everything else installed?[SOLVED]

Post by Admin Fri 29 Jul 2011, 18:18

Hello,

Just follow the instructions that come with the Fix. Do you have any problems when you do so?
You first need to apply the original files, update the game and then - at last - apply the crack. It's all in the included "# Installation Guide.pdf".
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Town Life - how to install it when you have everything else installed?[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Town Life - how to install it when you have everything else installed?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 00:28

I get 'error:invalid file'
Is step 11 correct? It seems like there's a typo there....

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jul 2011, 00:34

sinkwash wrote:I get 'error:invalid file'
Is step 11 correct? It seems like there's a typo there....
Hello,

Yes, it is. It should be "open the "Town Life Stuff" folder in this .rar file" instead of "Generations". I'm aware of this typo and it'll be fixed within a day or so.
If you copy the wrong files to the wrong folder, you'll keep getting the "Invalid File" error. Please read all the steps very carefully on where exactly to put which files.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 02:54

if your having trouble getting the files in the correct spot just copy the path from the instructions into your windows explorer and it will take you exactly where it is so there is no room for error. thats what I ended up doing and it worked great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 16:04

What I'm not getting is why you put files from both Generations and Town Life into the Sims 3 base game directory?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jul 2011, 20:00

sinkwash wrote:What I'm not getting is why you put files from both Generations and Town Life into the Sims 3 base game directory?
Hello,

The instructions tell you both way, but that is for people who either have Generations or Town Life Stuff and not both. In your case, you only need to do it for the latest expansion pack, which in this case is Town Life Stuff. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 21:59

So in reality its:

1. Install Sims 3 Base Game (dont crack the game)
2. Install Town Life (and crack the game)
3. Install all the other expansions/stuff packs (without cracks)
4. Dont put any files from Generations into the base game directory - e.g. Ignore the step in the fix telling you to put the Generations files into the base game's directory.
4. Download update
5. Use crack from the fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jul 2011, 22:14

sinkwash wrote:So in reality its:

1. Install Sims 3 Base Game (dont crack the game)
2. Install Town Life (and crack the game)
3. Install all the other expansions/stuff packs (without cracks)
4. Ignore the step in the fix telling you to put the Generations files into the base game's directory.
4. Download update
5. Use crack from the fix
Hello,

No, you need to use the original files for Town Life Stuff too, otherwise you can't update. The crack must be applied at the very last step.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 22:50

Understood.
But the rest is correct?
i.e. when installing Generations, don't put any of its files into the base game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 31 Jul 2011, 13:52

sinkwash wrote:Understood.
But the rest is correct?
i.e. when installing Generations, don't put any of its files into the base game?
Hello,

Yes, that's pretty much correct.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:17

ok, so i am getting all of them, i have the base and up to ambitions legit, have fast lane from u guy, so just to clarify,
1. install base,
2. install town life
3. install the rest
4. update game, then install crack for townlife only?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:40

Radient92 wrote:ok, so i am getting all of them, i have the base and up to ambitions legit, have fast lane from u guy, so just to clarify,
1. install base,
2. install town life
3. install the rest
4. update game, then install crack for townlife only?

That's right.
Please let us know the outcome and don't hesitate to post if you run into any problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:53

also, i havent got all the other expansion packs just yet, but can they be installed at any time? or before i put the crack in?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:58

You can install them at a later time but I believe you'll have to reapply the fix/crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:08

i dont understand? the crack (for townlife) goes in the base game only right? i got that new updated cracks, they have all of them in there.... sorry, just wanna make sure i know what im doing, and i do it right

Sorry, just want to make sure im doing it all right, and that made absolute no sense. what do you mean about "refixing" it? how do you undo the fix when it is added the to base game?

Last edited by Radient92 on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incohrient)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Aug 2011, 19:34

Radient92 wrote:i dont understand? the crack (for townlife) goes in the base game only right? i got that new updated cracks, they have all of them in there.... sorry, just wanna make sure i know what im doing, and i do it right

Sorry, just want to make sure im doing it all right, and that made absolute no sense. what do you mean about "refixing" it? how do you undo the fix when it is added the to base game?
Hello,

She means just re-apply the crack; start from step 1 again and go all over it again. Read the instructions VERY carefully on where to put which files.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:27

so i put the crack in all or just the latest one townlife in the base game?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 04 Aug 2011, 11:33

Hello,
There is only one crack, the file in the "crack" folder. The other files are original files you need in order to update your game. The file in the "crack" folder goes to the base game/bin folder.
I am not sure though if you have to reapply the fix if you're installing additional expansionpacks after Town Life Stuff, the best way to find out, is to try it out. Or wait for someone to reply who has a more conclusive answer.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 13:30

then what is the ultimate fix for? i downloaded that too? do i use that?

//EDIT

there are cracks for all the games in there, plus in the games i downloaded, im not sure which ones i should or shouldnt use

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 04 Aug 2011, 16:18

Radient92 wrote:then what is the ultimate fix for? i downloaded that too? do i use that?
Hello,

It's there so you can update the game to the latest version, without reinstalling everything. Just follow ALL the steps. Did you take the effort to read the included "# Installation Guide.pdf"? It describes how to use it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 02:04

yeah i did, but it controdicted what it said on the post, which said only install that crack. ok, so i install the cracks for all the expansion packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Aug 2011, 09:38

Radient92 wrote:yeah i did, but it controdicted what it said on the post, which said only install that crack. ok, so i install the cracks for all the expansion packs?

There's only one crack, the other files are original files needed to patch the game.
Basically after a fresh install without cracks you can simply patch the game and use the one crack but the installationguide is written for those who are patching an existing game which would have the cracks in place. It would only complicate matters more if there were different guides for fresh or existing games and this guide applies to both.
To be on the safe side, install Town Life Stuff and apply the fix, every step of it. It can't do any harm.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:50

yep, it worked, game works awesomely Smile sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the help Smile

Mod edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
No problem Smile we're happy to help.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top