Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Both legit and pirated content - Please insert supernatural CD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Both legit and pirated content - Please insert supernatural CD Empty Both legit and pirated content - Please insert supernatural CD

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 07:10

Hi there,

I currently have Sims 3, Ambitions, and Late night legitimately purchased and installed. The work fine.

I decided that I wanted to try Pets and Supernatural before shelling out the money to buy legitimate copies, but I have had some issues getting the game to launch. No matter what I do, the game continually asks me to insert the CD for Supernatural.

I have followed the guide here exactly but nothing seems to fix the problem. The problem may lie in the fact that I can't apply the Fix to either Ambitions or Late Night since they do not have folders in Program Files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, but I am not entirely sure. It is quite possible that I am missing something completely obvious.

If I could get some help with resolving this issue then I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Both legit and pirated content - Please insert supernatural CD Empty Re: Both legit and pirated content - Please insert supernatural CD

Post by invalidusername Wed 12 Sep 2012, 09:15

What did you use to install your legit games? Was it Origin or Steam? Both of those have their game files in another location, and Steam games are actually non-compatible with torrented games because of how they're accessed.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Both legit and pirated content - Please insert supernatural CD Empty Re: Both legit and pirated content - Please insert supernatural CD

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 16:45

I used Origin to install the legit games.

Edit: I found the files. I am going to use the fix on these files and see what happens.

Edits 2: It works perfectly now. Thank you.

Last edited by Valarauko on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 17:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Discovered further information)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 12 Sep 2012, 16:50

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 12 Sep 2012, 19:20

Glad we could help. Feel free to let us know about any other problems or questions that you come up with, and enjoy your game. Very Happy
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top