Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 is unplayable due to game lag.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 is unplayable due to game lag. - Page 2 Empty The Sims 3 is unplayable due to game lag.

Post by Guest Wed 19 Sep 2012, 23:14

First topic message reminder :

Hi!

So I'll go straight to the problem.

I can't play the game due to MASSIVE game lag. The game starts normally and the neighbourhood loading time isn't long but after, I would say 20 minutes of playing I get a MASSIVE lag spike that just won't go away. It gets my my whole computer stuck.

I have installed the base game and all the expansions and stuff packs according to your guides. I have the latest patch and I have done the ultimate fix. It can't be a computer problem because both of my computers are high-end and the same happens with BOTH the computers. I have also reinstalled everything three (3) times already. I'm using overwatch and game booster. I don't have any .package mods despite overwatch. I'm clueless to what might cause this problem. I previously had pirated version of the sims 3 (and all expansions + stuff packs) from a different source and had the same problem so I turned to you guys cause I had heard great stuff about you. Smile But the game won't work. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Here's some info on my computers:

Intel core i7 3610qm
NVIDIA GTX 670M 3GB
8gb RAM
750 GB HDD
64-bit Windows 7 home premium

If anyone has anything I could try, I would appreciate it as I think I have done everything I can.. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 is unplayable due to game lag. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 is unplayable due to game lag.

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2012, 02:07

Yep it really is strange. But I'm not that sure about over heating because cos I'm a huge fan LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) and I have played it for countless hours straight and no problems with that..

//EDIT

Some progress! I tried playing only the base game and it did not get
stuck! I played for a good hour or so. So it might be the expansions
that are not working? Or maybe some crack? I don't know about these
things so just guessing..

I hope some has an idea.

Ps. After that hour the game did crash to the desktop though.. It just shut the game completely.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 is unplayable due to game lag. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 is unplayable due to game lag.

Post by Admin Sun 23 Sep 2012, 20:10

Hello,

Are you sure you did the DEP fix correctly, have GameBooster running when playing and have all the in-game graphic settings on low? (Lower all sliders, turn of extras like "Smooth rendering" and play the game in windowed mode)

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Sep 2012, 20:28

Use registry cleaner, or any computer software cleaner

Recommended : CCleaner & Iobit Advance System Cleaner

then use defragment software

Recommended : Diskeeper or Perfectdisk

Use Game Booster
I think you already use it so (DONE)

Reinstalling Sims 3
(Done)

Updating Video Card Driver
(Done)

Malfunction Video Card (Problem)

Best Solution
Format your Computer

I hope your using PC not Laptop cause most of the lap top are not meant for games

cause their videocard are chipset

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 24 Sep 2012, 20:54

Drazard wrote:Use registry cleaner, or any computer software cleaner

-----

Best Solution
Format your Computer

I hope your using PC not Laptop cause most of the lap top are not meant for games

I have to say I would recommend CCleaner and Defraggler, I haven't had a issue with either.

2 Malfunction Video Cards with the same issue for The Sims 3, which changes when expansions are installed.

But a lot of newish Laptops can handle The Sims 3, even if they are a bit of a lowish quality, not the prettiest, but still manage without this issue, which the OP is far from a cheap laptop, and if you looked the specs he posted, you could confirm that.

Re-format their computer??? That's only if you did/whoever installed Windows for you did a botch job and messed it up horribly, which I doubt is their case.

If it's not leftover files form the previous installation, could be a issue with settings on the graphics card tho, do you know if you changed them at all? If you did should try to do a Custom Installation of the graphic driver.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 23:25

What is a custom installation of my graphic driver?

I did download some update from nvidia's site already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 23:31

t2sink wrote:
Drazard wrote:Use registry cleaner, or any computer software cleaner

-----

Best Solution
Format your Computer

I have to say I would recommend CCleaner and Defraggler, I haven't had a issue with either.

2 Malfunction Video Cards with the same issue for The Sims 3, which changes when expansions are installed.

But a lot of newish Laptops can handle The Sims 3, even if they are a bit of a lowish quality, not the prettiest, but still manage without this issue, which the OP is far from a cheap laptop, and if you looked the specs he posted, you could confirm that.

Re-format their computer??? That's only if you did/whoever installed Windows for you did a botch job and messed it up horribly, which I doubt is their case.

If it's not leftover files form the previous installation, could be a issue with settings on the graphics card tho, do you know if you changed them at all? If you did should try to do a Custom Installation of the graphic driver.

I respect your decisions for choosing defragler and ccleaner, I don't have any issue with those 2 either BUT I found better one

BTW I still have CCleaner in my computer I only use that when i'm LAZY

Iobit is the owner of Gamebooster so why not try their top selling brand name "Advance System Cleaner" which is better than Ccleaner - Base on my EXPERIENCE

I've used CCleaner for almost a year then found out Advance System Cleaner that really speed up my damn Computer than it was before

I was like "Mother of GOD !" on that time

I tried Defragler and its better than Windows Defragment so far but I'm not satisfied with his features and by doing some research about defragment I found out that Perfect Disk and Diskeeper are top Leading Brand in terms of Defrag but you have to pay. like Advance System Cleaner to fully utilize its features

If you want Free and simple not complicated.
Choose CCleaner and Defragler

but if your a PIRATE like me that doesn't want to spend money just to speeding up your computer like a hell then probably
Download and install Advance System Cleaner and Diskeeper/Perfect Disk to your computer but if you have money and really like those software then purchase it.

Frequent Question
Q: Is your Recommended Software really works?
A: Well I recommend those things to my 4 Neighborhood, 1 to my classmate, 1 to my Teacher, "Sorry" I can't remember how many people I recommend this software on facebook and sudden they just FREAK me out of saying "THANK YOU SO MUCH !!, Etc and so far and so forth" and I was like "Oh.. It works :3"

So its up to you guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:41

Obviously we're all entitled to our own opinions, this may not be the right topic to discuss it though. It might confuse the person who originally opened this topic. Someone who is looking for the simplest solution, probably.
Kindly discuss your differences in the chatbox, or here Smile

I do feel that formatting the PC is a bit... much for a crashing issue/game lag.
Especially since The Sims 3 is known for these issues and definitely not limited to low(er) end computers. If you're using all of the expansions and stuffpacks, it might be worth your time to see if using less expansions/stuffs helps at all. Since you managed to play for an hour with just the base game. Crashing after an hour is not unheard of at all. Since you are on a laptop, definitely take a good look at the surface you're using it on.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 25 Sep 2012, 20:06

KaisuHolm wrote:What is a custom installation of my graphic driver?

I did download some update from nvidia's site already.

When you install the update there is usually a checkbox or something for a custom installation then clean installation.

For NVIDIA, (One I have), It has Installation Options, Express (recommend) and Custom (Advanced), So I would click the bubble next to Custom (Advanced). Now it has what options can be installed, has 4 for me, Graphics Driver, HD Audio Driver, NVIDIA Update, PhysX System Software in a box, below the box is a Checkbox with "Perform a clean installation", so check that box. And after that hit next, and it will uninstall your drivers and re-install the one that is in the update you have.

So Custom (Advanced) Installation, and check for Perform a clean installation. And wait for the update to complete, and reboot, and try to play again.

Let us know the results.

<< Also, if you have something special from your computer manufacturer added to the drivers, and do a custom install, it clears it, I was going thru it, and hit next, and it did the clean installation, so now I get to install some older drivers again, and update to the latest.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 25 Sep 2012, 21:13

Hello,

If you want me to find the correct driver for you, please provide the following information:

1. Graphic card model.
2. Your operating system.
3. Whether it's a 32- or 64-bit system.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 22:47

Well, I already updated my drivers as someone said to do it on the first page.

But here they are:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M

Windows 7 64-bit

I'm waiting for my official games to arrive this week. Do you Admin think that will help at all? Cos I think using your version is kinda the same thing as to have the official?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:32

Hello,

The exact same thing yes, except you need the crack because you don't have the disk. I seriously doubt it will make any difference at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep 2012, 13:45

That's what I told my gf but she's losing her temper over this and she went and bought the game.. Well.. It just came in the mail, I'll have a try with it.

//EDIT

Yep, the same problem persist with the official game..

I'm contacting EA tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 20:28

Hello,

Oh, my bad, sorry!
Did you choose the "Clean installation" option during the installation of the driver?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top