Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error Empty sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 04:00

Hello,

Can someone please help me????

I am having the same issue with the sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error

I bought my laptop 2 days ago and did the install from scratch for all sims 3 (bar fast lane and supernatural)

My computer is more than capable of running the sims:

COMPUTER SPECS:
Bought 2 days ago...
Processor: 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor 2.3Ghz (Turbo 3.3G)/6M
Memory: 6GB (DDR3 1600MHz )
Storage: 1TB (5400 rpm)
Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Video Chip: Switchable 2GB nVIDIA GeForce GT650M (Optimus) + Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Screen: 15.6" Thin Bezel LED LCD HD (1366 x 768) 16:9, Anti-Reflective Display

I have tried DEP, but when i did it (added all .exe files that it would let me) i couldnt lower the walls of houses, or move up and down stories, and all the objects werent appearing in the houses.

Could i not have my screen or graphics card configured properly?

I did try with none of my cc, and that seemed to work (but if i had of kept playing, it may have crashed im not 100% sure)
and then tried with just twallans master controller and woohooer one and added the registry (the thing you need to download to make mods show in the game) and that ended in a definate crash.

I cant do a patch update atm as i have no internet bar mobile 1.5GB (waiting for NBN, dont ask) and it will need 1GB of that and i just cant use it like that atm...

It just seems to freeze all of a sudden, even though the graphics and game were running flawlessly.

Its really disappointing as i bought this laptop to stop this problem from happening (it used to happen on my old one too).

I have tried most suggestions, and gone through the ones on the link posted. What is this backup option?
The only thing is, it happened the first time i played my game on a brand new laptop, so would it really be a saved world???

Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error Empty Re: sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error

Post by t2sink Thu 20 Sep 2012, 04:04

1.5GB isn't much to work with.

Recommend to do the patch, make sure you graphics card is updated. This Link (219 MB tho) should be yours. And do Windows Update's.

Not sure how much we can assist without you actually updating stuff tho.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error Empty Re: sims 3 crashing as "the sims 3 has has stopped working." error

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 04:08

tell me about it... lol
thanks, i will do the update one way or another before reposting and update drivers and windows.
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top