Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My screen turns off when I play the sims 3!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My screen turns off when I play the sims 3! Empty My screen turns off when I play the sims 3!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 08:18

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I started to play my sims 3 game last night and I was playing for maybe 4-5 hours and then my screen just shut off.
I tried to play it again and I could only play it for maybe 20 minutes and it turned off again so I thought maybe it over heated so I turned it off and went to sleep and I tried playing it today after around 14 hours of my laptop being turned off and the screen just shut off again.
Ugh I have gone through so much trouble to get these sims 3 games to finally work and I want to play it so bad but I can't.
My laptop is about 1 year old so it's pretty new.
Maybe it could be one of the games I downloaded?
I have the base game, pets, ambitions, and generations.

Back to top Go down

My screen turns off when I play the sims 3! Empty Re: My screen turns off when I play the sims 3!

Post by t2sink Fri 21 Sep 2012, 17:45

Have you played any other fullscreeen game? doesn't seem right for it to just turn off.

I don't feel like it's a game issue, just because games don't have control over the screen being on/off.

I'm possibly thinking your screen is bad, and it's back-light is turning off, and your assuming it's the whole screen is turning off, just because it's nearly impossible to see without the back-light, but it would be all the time rather then just starting up The Sims 3, but might take a while to full manifest.

So test out other games in fullscreen, and if they work, try The Sims 3 in a window screen.

Let us know the results.

Oh, and probably just update your graphics card to see if that can fix issues. So need to know graphics card, if Window's 7, and 64-Bit on your profile info is correct.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top