Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation of World Avent. and Ambitions, insert disk one....objectcache

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation of World Avent. and Ambitions, insert disk one....objectcache Empty Installation of World Avent. and Ambitions, insert disk one....objectcache

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 16:32

I have read how to install the sims 3 correctly and teh ultimate fix, ive downloaded this all before and am starting on a new laptop.

windows 7 64-bit
i have already downloaded all the expansions and stuff packs and have successfully installed the base game.

I started next with world adventures. I changed the sku number as told in the instruction text. had a problem with the update so i did the 1.38 patch. I did not mess with any of the cracks and just forgot about them as told in the for sims 3 download correctly instructions.

Obviously I used winzip and extracted world adventures to a folder on my desktop. then after doing everything stated above. I clicked to run the setup, and it tells me please insert disk 1 that contains the file caches\china.objectcache

There is no disk to mount to daemon so I deleted the folder, and extracted form winzip again. same problem.

Then I said ehhh world adventures isnt too important to my life so i moved on, and tried ambitions. SAME PROBLEM just different object cache.

and I want ambitions soooo what am I doing wrong, I have followed the instructions of all guides.

any way I can solve this?

Back to top Go down

Installation of World Avent. and Ambitions, insert disk one....objectcache Empty Re: Installation of World Avent. and Ambitions, insert disk one....objectcache

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Sep 2012, 16:34

Hello,

Winzip can mess up the files and cause errors like the one you're experiencing. Please use WinRAR (available here).
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Installation of World Avent. and Ambitions, insert disk one....objectcache Empty Re: Installation of World Avent. and Ambitions, insert disk one....objectcache

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 16:50

Already on the way and so far so good. thanks for finding out what i overlooked!

will get back if any more problems, although i doubt i will come across anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:15

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top