Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insert disk 1 during Sims 3 installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insert disk 1 during Sims 3 installation Empty Insert disk 1 during Sims 3 installation

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 17:18

Hi there guys, 

So, I feel dumb for asking this, but how do you get around the "insert disc 1" problem that pops up when you're trying to install the Sims 3? I'm NOT using the Complete Collection Sims 3 file, just the regular base game one. 

When it asks me to browse for disc 1, I read that you only need to mount it again, but I'm just not really sure how to do this. I've done it correctly before, but I swear my memory has just failed me here. Also, I'm using Daemon Tools Lite.

Hate to be a bother, but if anyone could help I'd appreciate it!

Back to top Go down

Insert disk 1 during Sims 3 installation Empty Re: Insert disk 1 during Sims 3 installation

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Apr 2016, 18:42

blue08 wrote:Hi there guys, 

So, I feel dumb for asking this, but how do you get around the "insert disc 1" problem that pops up when you're trying to install the Sims 3? I'm NOT using the Complete Collection Sims 3 file, just the regular base game one. 

When it asks me to browse for disc 1, I read that you only need to mount it again, but I'm just not really sure how to do this. I've done it correctly before, but I swear my memory has just failed me here. Also, I'm using Daemon Tools Lite.

Hate to be a bother, but if anyone could help I'd appreciate it!

Hello,

If I remember correctly, the "start disk" is the one that needs to be mounted at first. As soon as the installation gets to a certain point, you'll be prompted to insert the next disk. Right-click on that other (!) disk, which I guess will be disk 1, and look for something that says "mount image" or something similar. I don't know how Daemon Tools works - never liked it. And after you mounted that image, the installation should resume.

I'm not sure if the guide here can help you, since it uses PowerISO as the example software, but the guide should still give you a good overview of what "mounting images" is about.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Insert disk 1 during Sims 3 installation Empty Re: Insert disk 1 during Sims 3 installation

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 21:13

Ahhhhh...so what drive would I mount disc 1 to? That's where I keep getting confused. I've downloaded PowerISO as well. Also, am I replacing disc 1 to the drive where I mounted the start disk?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Apr 2016, 21:26

blue08 wrote:Ahhhhh...so what drive would I mount disc 1 to? That's where I keep getting confused. I've downloaded PowerISO as well. Also, am I replacing disc 1 to the drive where I mounted the start disk?

It shouldn't matter "where" you mount the second image. Whether you have just one virtual drive, and hence unmount the first image followed by re-mounting the second image there. Or whether you have more than 1 virtual drive, and then mount the image in one of the other drives.

The process shouldn't be too difficult to do. Smile  Once you mount the second disk image (again, it doesn't matter where), you should click on "Continue" or "OK" in the installer program - and the installation should resume.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 04:13

You're totally right, and that's why I feel so dumb for not getting this! lol Smile Okay, so I've mounted the image in a driver, right, and the game has gotten to the point where it asks for disc 1. So, when I browse to find it, I click on it in My Computer, and the path way remains empty. Like it doesn't insert the disc there...? It will just remain Path: I:/..... if that makes sense?

Also, would it just be easier for me to download and install the Complete Collection? I'm not sure if I'll have a ton of memory for it, but it doesn't have the two disc problem, right? I think I read that on the forum somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Apr 2016, 07:09

blue08 wrote:You're totally right, and that's why I feel so dumb for not getting this! lol Smile Okay, so I've mounted the image in a driver, right, and the game has gotten to the point where it asks for disc 1. So, when I browse to find it, I click on it in My Computer, and the path way remains empty. Like it doesn't insert the disc there...? It will just remain Path: I:/..... if that makes sense?

Also, would it just be easier for me to download and install the Complete Collection? I'm not sure if I'll have a ton of memory for it, but it doesn't have the two disc problem, right? I think I read that on the forum somewhere.

Did you actually extract your current download with WinRAR ? Please make sure to create an empty folder somewhere, and open the .RAR file of the download with the program WinRAR. Extract ALL contents into the empty folder, and when done, close WinRAR. 

Navigate to the folder with the extracted contents and start the installation anew. It's possible that you did not properly extract the stuff from the .RAR, so you're getting the error. It may not have anything to do at all, with mounting the images... 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top