Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help: insert disk with installation [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help: insert disk with installation [SOLVED] Empty Help: insert disk with installation [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2015, 08:03

Hello Everyone,

I have the original game and expansion pack pets and seasons. I downloaded all the expansions, but when I want to install it says I need a disk. How can I fix this?

Back to top Go down

Help: insert disk with installation [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help: insert disk with installation [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 Apr 2015, 09:26

Hello,

Did you download from Games4theworld? If you did, you only need to unrar the file you downloaded and run setup. You shouldn't be asked for a disk. At which point does that happen?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Help: insert disk with installation [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help: insert disk with installation [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 13 Apr 2015, 17:06

Hi there,

And remember to use WinRAR for extraction.
That should do the trick. Smile
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 20:16

My dad downloaded the complete pack, where he got it from, no clue. But games4theworld guide is in the files. I used Winrar and it still asks for a disc during installation. Don't know how to fix it.

//

I just downloaded te patch that you have to reapply after installing the base game, installed it.. But it is still asking for a disc when it's almost done installing.

// Helper Edit: Please, do not double post. When you need to update a post, instead of replying to yourself, edit your last post like I did above. Thanks! Sim Architect

Last edited by Sim Architect on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 06:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 15 Apr 2015, 06:47

Hi! It seems you didn't do a couple of steps from our guide.

Please, follow each instruction on the link or the video below very carefully, then let us know if it solved your problem or if you need further assistance with your problem.

Also, check that you are using our version of The Sims 3 (since you want all expansions, I recomend the Complete Collection, which is the best around ever!).

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

Games4theWorld Install Sims 3

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 13:39

I removed the original sims 3 and expansion packs i allready installed. I installed your base game and reapplied the patch for the updates. I tried to install ambition but it asks for a disc, after that i tried world adventure also asks for disc.. I'm following all the steps, what am i doing wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 16 Apr 2015, 17:51

Did you visit the page I showed you or watched the video? You also need to apply the proper fix. It is a several steps proccess, so you have to follow up the guide, or your game won't work, sorry. Also, you need an expansion newer than Generations for your fix to work (which you did not mention to apply, because patch is different from fix, the first one only updates the game, the second is the one that makes your game to not ask for disk).

Please, let us know if you fixed that.

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 19:31

I followed the steps and watched the video. The steps say to install the base game, then the patch and then install any expansions you like.. that is exactly what I did. But when I try to install the expansion it asks for a disk. Must i install the ultimate fix before the expansions?

----

I deleted the base game and reinstalled it, used the patch and just like in the clip i started installing world adventures this is the screen i get everytime:.. great can't post a print screen  Wat.

again it asks for a disc with this file number; 57101288

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:04

Dreetje wrote:I followed the steps and watched the video. The steps say to install the base game, then the patch and then install any expansions you like.. that is exactly what I did. But when I try to install the expansion it asks for a disk. Must i install the ultimate fix before the expansions?

----

I deleted the base game and reinstalled it, used the patch and just like in the clip i started installing world adventures this is the screen i get everytime:.. great can't post a print screen  Wat.

again it asks for a disc with this file number; 57101288

You're most likely not doing it right. You MUST create an empty folder at first, somewhere. And then use the program WinRAR to open the .RAR download with the program WinRAR (which you can get here). And then you extract ALL contents of the .RAR file into the empty folder you just created.

After that is done, you navigate to the folder with the extracted stuff, and re-start the installation from there. And that should do !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 20:13

I did everything you said I must do, and still asking for a disc.. I'll give up and try to download the complete collection, do you have to install it the same way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 07:15

Dreetje wrote:I did everything you said I must do, and still asking for a disc.. I'll give up and try to download the complete collection, do you have to install it the same way?
I have not yet downloaded TS3: Complete Collection but if it has the same setup files as before (aka. the same setup files that you have), then yes you should.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a crack he needs to replace with the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 18 Apr 2015, 10:53

Just wondering... Is the expansion pack that shows a problem Pets? If it is, and you did not load it from the Complete Collection, there are some old torrents around that showed this very same error and you had to do what is shown below, in case you do not want to download the Complete Collection:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2251-the-sims-3-pets-please-insert-disk-1-official-fix

Please take a look and let us know if you got your problem solved or if you need further assistance.

Meanwhile, let's have some tea!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:02

Dreetje wrote:I did everything you said I must do, and still asking for a disc.. I'll give up and try to download the complete collection, do you have to install it the same way?

What he said.

Besides, if you don't know how to extract .RAR files, into an empty folder, then you will get problems with the "Complete Collection" too. The only explanation left is indeed the one about the "Pets"-expansion. Other than that, you almost certainly still did not do it correctly.

If you cannot manage it, I will try and help you via TeamViewer. Feel free to check the forum's chatbox, when you see me online there. The chatbox is located at the top of the forum's main page. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 23:16

I downloaded te complete collection, used the fix and it's working. Woohoo! Thanks everyone for helping out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 20 Apr 2015, 09:25

Great to hear the news!!

Problem solved, topic closed.

Happy simming!!

Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top