Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mac user asking for help regarding downloaded file and installation query

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mac user asking for help regarding downloaded file and installation query Empty Mac user asking for help regarding downloaded file and installation query

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 22:40

Hey, I'm on a mac and i've just downloaded the Diesel stuff pack. I installed the sims 3 and some other expansions a while ago and only recently have i started playing again.

My first problem is that in the Diesel stuff pack download I can see there's a windows installer and a mac installer with the file name: The Sims™ 3 Diesel Stuff Installer. But when i click that, nothing opens. Am I missing something?

Secondly, I applied the ultimate fix the other day and everything works perfectly. if I get the diesel pack to work and install it, do i need to completely re-apply the ultimate fix or do i just need to change certain things?

Thanks in advance

Admin edit: Moved.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Mac user asking for help regarding downloaded file and installation query Empty Re: Mac user asking for help regarding downloaded file and installation query

Post by invalidusername Thu 11 Oct 2012, 03:21

I'm not sure about the installer, as I have no experience with macs, but I can answer the last part. Every time you install new expansions you do have to reapply the fix. If you're installing more than one, you can wait until you're done installing all of them though. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Mac user asking for help regarding downloaded file and installation query Empty Re: Mac user asking for help regarding downloaded file and installation query

Post by Dieneryn Thu 18 Oct 2012, 03:13

Hi there!

If its a stuff pack, the easiest way to install it would be to place the pack in the Downloads folder under Documents> Electronic Arts.
Then install it from the launcher under Downloaded Content.

Let us know if it helped!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top