Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC DISASTER!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC DISASTER!!! Empty CC DISASTER!!!

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 06:40

Ok... SO the funny thing is that I would predict this would happen. I downloaded a few SIms from the exchange and alot of really glitchy "outfits" appeared in my create a sim like a really twisted looking Grim Reeper suit and some other shirts that kinda just made my Sims looks crazy... Well my sim had twins and I cant see anything but long extensive lines one of them Im pretty positive is linked to the Grim Reeper suit... So... I deleted all of the most recent CC I downloaded from the exchange and my twin babies still look like that. I dont know how to get rid of it and dont know what file in what folder is actually responsible for it. It appears that maybe some of the stuff I downloaded included a bunch of other shit that its fucking my gameplay up. I have sims that look like Centaurs even....

Back to top Go down

CC DISASTER!!! Empty Re: CC DISASTER!!!

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 06:59

You should remove the MOD first that you used in your save before removing the the CC

and make sure your sims are updated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 07:12

I dont have any Mods that are running! I know there were a few MODS that were installed when I downloaded one of the Sims from ModTheSims but it came as a .sim file and all I had to do was put it in the SavedSims folder... I deleted the Sim tht I downloaded and figured all of the Mods that the Sim was used to be created would delete themselves with the removal of the Sim it originated from... could you possible direct me more specifically where to look...The only thing left in my SavedSims is my downloadedsims.index folder and a pet that I made that Im confident isnt where the issue is originating from... I dont even have a Mods folder like most people do when they install customer content... Im stuck Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 07:19

I even took a look in my resources folder and all that has are a bunch of random FONT files...? Im scared to delete them because Im not sure if it will **** up the game... But I click on them and they just bring up pages that show the Alphabet and the sentence... The quick brown fox.... etc etc... Its really weird but I dont know if removing it will mess up something in the game. If someone could find out for me what the hell is making my twins and create a sim to had all these strange "outsits" that just make my sims look like mutations... let me know please...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 07:23

Could it possibly be the package files I have in my Library Folder...? Im not sure...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 08:13

try to move your Electronic Arts Folder in desktop and start the sims

see if the problem will be solve

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 17 Oct 2012, 18:29

Hello,

What he means is backing up and completely removing this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 18:58

I should I go about backing that up tho...? I dont have a CD to nburn it on to a disk of some kind of external memory to put it on... and even If I backed it up wouldnt that mean I was backing up a folder that already contained corrupted CC? So even if I deleted it, if I reapplied the backed up file then it would just return itself to the state it was in before I deleted it...? Idk... If you can provide me with instructions I am open to any and all methods of fixing this issue... I would also like to add that I tried playing without custom content by checking the box in the launcher but... when I returned to the game... My twin babies didnt look like deformed sticks or grim reeper cloaks... they were just invisible with plumbobs... IDK WHATS GOING ON Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 17 Oct 2012, 19:35

It's recommended to Edit post, rather then double post.

Well meaning backup as just make a copy of it, so even renaming it to "The Sims 3 - Backup" will be enough.

Related to your question in the chatbox - https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top