Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YET ANOTHER DISASTER....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YET ANOTHER DISASTER.... Empty YET ANOTHER DISASTER....

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 19:41

Ok, please forgive me if I come off slightly irritable but since I've installed seasons I have had nothing but issues. For some reason I cannot fix, my installed CC (I have no Mods) will not show up in the game. I keep installing and reinstalling... follwed every direction and forum about deleting the cache files in all the folders necessary then reinstalling... nothing works. All my worlds show up in the installedworlds folders and all my CC in general shows installed in both my launcher and in the downloads folder but nothing... Tried using CC Magic but I cant find a reliable link on how to use it or how its supposed to help me for the life of me. I even used the same process I found on my own last time I had this issue in which Lady Eldi had suggested to me, credit given to thnyouwokeup. I am thnyouwokeup... I just forgot my password to the account and had to make this one... Even that doesnt work. I've had Seasons since the first day it was launched on this site and I have still yet to play it once. When I have the time to continue my journey of trying to fix this stupid issue... I hit a dead end and it only gets me more frustrated. I tried installing all the content before I installed the store updated. applied store fixes. uninstalled all the games and installed then after doing the store update. EVERYTHING!!! NOTHING WORKS!!! AND IM GETTING EXTREMELY IRRITATED...

P.S. someone please explain to me what gold worlds are now and if this is some sick patch EA put on the game to stop us from installing worlds thru third-party sources... I even thought maybe it was just the worlds that were installing... but NONE of the content works...

Back to top Go down

YET ANOTHER DISASTER.... Empty Re: YET ANOTHER DISASTER....

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 21:02

Please tell us, what you do and have done exactly and what kind of CC that you are trying to install and where from.
Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 06:05

1. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder and back up the following folders: DCBackup, DCCache and Installed Worlds. Simply copying these folders to the desktop will do for now.
2. Open your launcher and uninstall all sims3packs, and close when finished.
3. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 \DCBackup and delete everything in there, except for ccmerged.package.
4. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache and delete everything in there.
5. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds and delete everything in there.
6. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the following files: CASPartCache.package, scriptCache.package, compositorCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package
7. Open the launcher and reinstall all of your sims3packs.
8. Start your game and enjoy!

Mind you.... this is Lady Eldi's rewrite of my original finding of a forum on TS3....

Other then CC Magic which I have no friggen clue what it does or how to use it or where to go to learn to use it...

Oh and Im using store content that this website supports and promotes thru mediafire...

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 10 Dec 2012, 07:24

Not sure on your problem, but Gold/Deluxe Versions just have more premium content added to it.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 13:22

justinmichael93 wrote:1. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder and back up the following folders: DCBackup, DCCache and Installed Worlds. Simply copying these folders to the desktop will do for now.
2. Open your launcher and uninstall all sims3packs, and close when finished.
3. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 \DCBackup and delete everything in there, except for ccmerged.package.
4. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache and delete everything in there.
5. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds and delete everything in there.
6. Open the folder My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and delete the following files: CASPartCache.package, scriptCache.package, compositorCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package
7. Open the launcher and reinstall all of your sims3packs.
8. Start your game and enjoy!

Mind you.... this is Lady Eldi's rewrite of my original finding of a forum on TS3....

Other then CC Magic which I have no friggen clue what it does or how to use it or where to go to learn to use it...

Oh and Im using store content that this website supports and promotes thru mediafire...

I know it's copy and paste, but you must have missed a step pr two - or could you have click on play with CC?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:04

Hello,

Did you turn off the in-game store?
What does the DCBackup folder look like?
When you reinstalled your sims3packs, did you install them all at once, or in groups of say, 20?
They don't have to stay in the downloadsfolder, that's just a "staging area" for the launcher to grab the sims3packs from to extract.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top