Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Disaster of Epic Proportions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Disaster of Epic Proportions Empty A Disaster of Epic Proportions

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jun 2015, 05:48

I recently decided to go back to Sims 3. Needless to say it was a disaster! Facepalm Was it the lack of emotion, the dull look or no animations? I don't know. Whatever it was, it was BAD!!!! Why God.  I played for a total of one hour. Why.  I missed Sims 4 so bad it hurt. Why God.  I know that a lot of people say that they prefer playing S3, but for me it's S4 all the way. I don't mind waiting weeks on end for the new fix or the loading screens (come on people be realistic we played S2 and loved it despite the loading screens). At least I can play with a fresh new spin on things.

EA probably doesn't deserve much credit for the 'new' Rolling Eyes look because it's basically S2 + S3 all rolled into one but I LOVE it. I love you Anyway, you guys at G4TW are awesome for giving us the new fixes whenever it comes out. All Hail Carlos!  In the meantime, I'll be happily reinstalling S4. Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime lol!

Back to top Go down

A Disaster of Epic Proportions Empty Re: A Disaster of Epic Proportions

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 00:18

I've tried going back to Sims 3 a couple of times because I always liked University and never tried out the time travel feature. That loading screen though -_- It wouldn't even get half way full before I realized it wasn't worth it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 03:27

Yeah I know. The game starts to lag really bad on my laptop, I usually have to choose about 9 expansions. Any more than that and I'm not able to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 03:54

I totally agree, I tried going back to Sims 3 too, literally downloaded and installed all of the expansions, and was still really unhappy with it. There's a lot of things I dislike about Sims 4, but I just can't get over how smooth it is and pleasing to the eye compared to Sims 3. 

I definitely miss some of those Sims 3 expansions though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 06:06

Creaternity wrote:I totally agree, I tried going back to Sims 3 too, literally downloaded and installed all of the expansions, and was still really unhappy with it. There's a lot of things I dislike about Sims 4, but I just can't get over how smooth it is and pleasing to the eye compared to Sims 3. 

My fave expansions were Ambitions (for the self employed careers), Outdoor Living Stuff (for obvious reasons), Supernatural (who doesn't love immortal sims without the cheats? ... and vampires), and Island Paradise (for the lovely beach houses...on the beach).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 07:29

kitty10136 wrote:
Creaternity wrote:I totally agree, I tried going back to Sims 3 too, literally downloaded and installed all of the expansions, and was still really unhappy with it. There's a lot of things I dislike about Sims 4, but I just can't get over how smooth it is and pleasing to the eye compared to Sims 3. 

My fave expansions were Ambitions (for the self employed careers), Outdoor Living Stuff (for obvious reasons), Supernatural (who doesn't love immortal sims without the cheats? ... and vampires), and Island Paradise (for the lovely beach houses...on the beach).

Yes! I miss having Pets too..hopefully when they introduce that for Sims 4 it will be fantastic, my expectations will be high. I want Supernatural asap too.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:59

kitty10136 wrote:Was it the lack of emotion, the dull look or no animations? 

Maybe it's also because you played The Sims 3 "to its limits", and there is nothing new for you to discover (or enjoy) in Sims 3 anymore. We all get to the point sooner or later that we have fully explored a game that we used to like very much; and at that point we slowly "forget" about it, and move on to other stuff. That is kind of like a cycle.

For me, it's still Sims 3. While the graphics in Sims 4 are better, the overall impression is in TS3 much better. The "limited" neighborhood in TS4 alone is for me unacceptable; I might just as well play TS2 in that sense. 

It's probably going to take a long time until I find more in TS4, that appeals to me too.  Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 01:14

I think the reason why I like S4 so much is because I liked S2 a lot, especially the animations with the cars, and the ability to drop your kids to school and carpool with your spouse if you left for work at the same time. The limited world wasn't a problem for me because I am a bit of a homebody anyway. The open world in S3 was a bit much if anything convenient.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 22:52

I had this happen with both TS2 and TS3, even though I loved them both. I've resigned to sticking with TS4 because it gives me a lot more over time (no crashes, etc.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jul 2015, 09:35

I totally understand! Every time I think about S3 I just say "hey why not" I have 6 expansions installed with store content but every time I go to play I lose interest as soon as its time to create a household. I've always hated that part don't get me wrong, and downloading other creators sims seemed like a hassle to me because of the content that creators pack into it that one) I don't want and two) The potential harm it can cause to my game and possibly my system. *shudder*

But really not only that turned me off but the LAG!!!!!! With the sims 4 I actually enjoy myself and I enjoy the new look and opportunities with this game. also, it reminds me more of the sims 2 and even after all these years I never get bored with the sims 2!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jul 2015, 09:59

Personally I think it's the fact that we can custom just about everything. I would spend almost an hour on just one room when building because I could custom a bedroom to my Sims' favorite color. That usually translated to a few hours to build a home for my Sims. UGH! 

"A few hours and I haven't even begun to play yet...I'm done." That's how I felt most of the time. Geez! Sometimes having too many options isn't a good thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top