Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED] Empty Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 17:02

Hello, first of all thanks for this site and your infinite help to all of the Sims fans.
Yesterday I bought the original Sims 3 (I wasn't aware of your site, sadly Sad) Then after a little search I found your site and started to download Seasons and Katy Perry Bla bla expansion packs from torrenthound.com. I followed your guide inside the rar file. As the first step I clicked the setup file. But it didn't work. It gives an error about Windows Vista Service Pack 2. I tried to download The Service Pack 2 assuming that there might be a problem, maybe it need to be fixed. But there was no change. I still got that silly error.
I wonder if you can help me to solve this prob.? Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 27 Jan 2013, 17:26

Hello,

Please open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)
When you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop. Now, start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jan 2013, 17:46

WUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU yes you are right! Now I am able to download it!
Thank you sooooo much! May Sims 3 Gods be with you haha Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:09

Hello there,

Haha, thank you and you're welcome.
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you ever need help again! Expansion Pack doesn't work- Windows Service Pack 2 error?! [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top