Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to play your sims 3 without the MUST INSTALL expansions? [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any way to play your sims 3 without the MUST INSTALL expansions? [CLOSED] Empty Any way to play your sims 3 without the MUST INSTALL expansions? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 00:57

Hello guys!

Hey, I had a great idea. I realized that with all the custom contents and expansions, I can create great houses decorations. So here's my point: I saw that in the many neighbourhoods EA created, there are pre-built houses, as well as the default library's houses. I just can't BUILD a house (I,m terrible at it), but I love to DECO AND FURNISH the lots. I had the idea to install the base game only first, put all the houses from the original sunset valley and the orginial library into my custom library, close the game, backup my library, install the next expansion, do it for the china, egypt and france, backup again, and so forth ALL IN ORDER of the stuff and expansions releases dates.
The thing is... I can't have the base game only, not unless I install at leats the expansions you asked to install in your must read instructions.
Please, any of you guys have any idea how to proceed? Ah, yes, I must tell you: any expansions added to the base game shall alterate the way sunset valley and its lots, library and map in the way the expansion will make it, even the least one Generations... I must really just have the base game...

Thanks in advance! Kabiru

//EDIT

Well, i thought a lot about it, and I have yet another idea, that could be done if we can find it: it's keeping the game with all expansions, custom stuff, and latest patches. Then find, on the web, complete and understanded guide on every single world that ea made for their expansions, base game and store. The guide should say which house was like before each expansion, which house wasn't there before each expansion, and so forth. That could be a way to do it, without bypassing the sims 3 must read install correctly. I'm searching right now, but the sims 3 wiki isn't precise about sunset valley, although it is for moonlight falls. i need to look.
could I ask for your assistance please?

Tanks in advance!

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Any way to play your sims 3 without the MUST INSTALL expansions? [CLOSED] Empty Re: Any way to play your sims 3 without the MUST INSTALL expansions? [CLOSED]

Post by t2sink Sat 27 Oct 2012, 06:24

In Build Mode you can sort stuff by expansion right, so just limit yourself to install with the same expansion.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Any way to play your sims 3 without the MUST INSTALL expansions? [CLOSED] Empty Re: Any way to play your sims 3 without the MUST INSTALL expansions? [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 06:43

Hello!
Thanks for the quick reply!

B-but...I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean...
Could you explain in greater deatils, please?

Thanks.

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 27 Oct 2012, 07:03

Well I guess in Buy Mode, you can sort the normal stuff by like room, but there is another option to search by expansion. Oh and also the little icon's on the images show what expansions it's from, or if it's store content.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:07

i checked it out and gave it a shot. It's quite good. But what I was talking about is saving all neighbourhood's residential lots in your custom library, remove all furniture, except the house itself, and save it again. About the expansions, I meant that i want the houses saved in precise order of appearance from the expansions.
well, I'm terribly sorry. It's ridiculously complicated to explain in word written black on white. But if you follow me, i need some help about it.
What I really love to do is using the already premade houses from the neighbourhoods, emptying them from evry single thing and decorating them with the furnitures and such. I'm terrible at building the house itself, and I really prefer to do the furnitures and the decos within the lots made by ea games. I can't even do a house like Cabin fever all by myself. I'm horible at building. I'm only great at furnishing.
Since playing the game sims 3 has bcome quite laggy after I got this boring pc, I realized that decorating houses is much less demanding for the computer, and it doesn't lag.
I could use any help from any of you. The two ways I can imagine is by beginning with only the base game, then the rest of the expansions in order (only if any of you know how to make the sims 3 work without any must install expansions). The second way, and probably the most realistic, would be finding a guide or a wiki on the web that tell which lot in which neighbourhood changes depending on which expansion is installed.
If you find any solution, you're the hero, or heroine.

Thanks in advance!

Highly polite regards,

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sat 27 Oct 2012, 21:03

So you basically just want to buy a unfurnished house, and furnish it yourself.

But also want them grouped by expansion.

I know you can find lots from each expansion, but that will probably be only up to the point where the expansion was released.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 22:21

It's quite complicated...

I don't know how I can see which house is from which expansion, since expansions adds lots to neighbourhoods...

Kabiru

//EDIT

Greetings!

I begun saving up lots in library with sunset valley. It's a pain in the ***, I tell you! But I think I can make it, if I'm patient... and extra observant. Since I can't sort the lots I save in the library, and that i've got to have the lots in order of appearance of expansions, I can't afford to miss a single whatnot missing removed from them. I do it one by one. It's awfully long. And there's hundreds of these ea premade houses!

Well, at least it will pay somehow after the end. I will have them all ready to decorate and furnish. Since I have all the store stuff, expansions packs and stuff packs intalled, the choice for decorating and furnishing is higly upgraded, in comparison to when there was only the original base game and not even store stuff released.

With highly kind and polite regards,

Kabiru.

//EDIT

Thanks to the backup I made for a new PC, I'm finally ready to go!

Every single lot had been recorded in the library. No need to worry anymore...

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top