Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 2 Empty The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 09:37

First topic message reminder :

i've been trying to install these. i was only successful with the base and even then, the fix wasn't working for me. then you came out with detailed instructions for mac to install LN. so, i installed that. and now, even after that, the fix doesn't work for me.

whether i update the game or not, it still ends up being unable to start. when i didnt update the game and applied the fix, the error was the same as the ones above but if i ignore it, it'll still end up at unable to start game.

what am i doing wrong?

Admin edit: All The Sims 3 MAC problems merged to this topic, so we can all discuss them together.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 04:15

okay I installed it and applied the crack for late night but now it says that I need a disc to play. I don't know if the problem might lie in the fact that I didn't download the base game from you guys but got it from a friend. What is the problem now?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 14:53

Naa it wouldn't be that, it's gotta be the crack. So the installation only works with that version of stuffit expander then?

Erm.. try this crack mate and tell me if it works

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|545l34|432118546|Sims_3_Late_Night.zip|8095

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 16:21

no that doesn't work either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 16:28

How about this one

http://hotfile.com/dl/79137255/f54aed3/SOS_S3_LateNight_6.0.81_NoDVD.zip.html

So the installation works, just need to find a working crack now..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 16:41

no not that one either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 16:42

What Version is it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 Feb 2011, 16:45

Dale wrote:Naa it wouldn't be that, it's gotta be the crack. So the installation only works with that version of stuffit expander then?

Erm.. try this crack mate and tell me if it works

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|545l34|432118546|Sims_3_Late_Night.zip|8095
Hello,

If it asks for a disc, it means that the crack is mísplaced, not that the crack is out-dated or something.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 16:47

I am putting it where it says to put it, in The sims - late night/game/bin

Version:6.0.81.009001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Feb 2011, 16:59

If this crack doesn't work, then I really don't know.

http://hotfile.com/dl/83836024/7136671/S3_P17_LN-cheewongken.rar.html

If you're placing it here

Contents/Ressources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/bin

and it's not working then again I just don't know..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Feb 2011, 12:32

Hi I'm hoping someone here can help me, I have the Mac installation guide and the Ultimate fix guide and have been trying to follow them.

I have installed the base game, however when I try to install any of the expansions I get this error: "The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 "Name of Expansion".

What am I doing wrong does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 17:14

Dale wrote:If this crack doesn't work, then I really don't know.

Any chance of getting the passphrase to that one? I'm trying as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 05 Feb 2011, 17:29

Lea wrote:

Any chance of getting the passphrase to that one? I'm trying as well.
Hello,

The password should be: tehparadox.com

Although I recommend you download and install our Outdoor Living Stuff release from www.games4theworld.org and then apply this (updated) fix: http://www.games4theworld.org/Fixes/The_Sims_3_fix_MAC.rar
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 17:50

I still haven't been able to fix the problem I'm having with installing all the provided expansion packs for the Sims 3 and The Sims 3 itself. I have done exactly what the guide told me to and still I keep getting the error message: Service Initalization Failed and it shuts down.

Does anyone here found a solution to this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 17:54

Please try this.. It has already been posted in the thread..

http://megaupload.com/?d=BS7H6NFX

Try this version of Stuffit expander to extract the rar file..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 17:55

Oke, thank you. I will try this and report it back to you all...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 21:05

Doesn't seem to work for me. I still get the Service Initialization Fail. Even after I used your version of Stuffitexpander. I really don't get what I'm doing wrong here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 21:21

Is your screen recording online somewhere? Maybe that way I can fix what I'm doing wrong...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 00:09

Well, the game still isn't working but I did get the error code to change. It went from 0x039e8474 to 0x175x0d284. It happened when I deleted some left-over registryfiles from The Sims. It doesn't make much sense to me but maybe it's useful information for you guys...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:04

If you're placing it here

Contents/Ressources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Late Night/Game/bin

and it's not working then again I just don't know..

umh, I can't extract it, is the password: theparadox.com??

I'm gonna try to extract it with unrarX

EDIT:

that didn't work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:06

You have to type the password, you can't copy & paste it..

& it's tehparadox.com

not

theparadox.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:10

okay I see my error Very Happy lol trying it again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:22

YAY!!!! I love you !! *goes to install WA and Ambitions*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:23

Glad it works Smile
So this crack works but not the other one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:33

yeah and only that expander as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:34

KlaraRakel wrote:yeah and only that expander as well

Thanks for the info / feedback.

Strange how only that version of Stuffit Expander works I is confused Oh well, at least you have it working now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:41

yeah but now ambitions installer says: Could not verify the integrity of the installer. isn't there another thread for that problem or is this one fine?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Feb 2011, 01:21

You have to do the same method as you did for Late night, that's how you install the expansions on the mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top