Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 3 Empty The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 09:37

First topic message reminder :

i've been trying to install these. i was only successful with the base and even then, the fix wasn't working for me. then you came out with detailed instructions for mac to install LN. so, i installed that. and now, even after that, the fix doesn't work for me.

whether i update the game or not, it still ends up being unable to start. when i didnt update the game and applied the fix, the error was the same as the ones above but if i ignore it, it'll still end up at unable to start game.

what am i doing wrong?

Admin edit: All The Sims 3 MAC problems merged to this topic, so we can all discuss them together.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Sun 06 Feb 2011, 19:41

yeah but now ambitions installer says: Could not verify the integrity of the installer. isn't there another thread for that problem or is this one fine?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.  - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sims 3 MAC installation problems.

Post by Guest Mon 07 Feb 2011, 01:21

You have to do the same method as you did for Late night, that's how you install the expansions on the mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Feb 2011, 15:01

okay I figured that out Very Happy installed both Ambitions and World Adventures and both work perfectly!! thank you so much for these downloads and fixes. Lot's of love <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 06:19

I keep getting "non-final unauthorized version" in the launcher. I've already applied the fix following the instructions exactly. I'm only working with the base game at this point. I got past this once by deleting cookies in safari, but can't seem to anymore. Tried deleting preferences too. I've uninstalled everything and deleted everything and reinstalled everything but keep getting the same thing. Any help would be awesome. Running OS X 10.5.8.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 13 Feb 2011, 19:29

theshanghaikid wrote:I keep getting "non-final unauthorized version" in the launcher. I've already applied the fix following the instructions exactly. I'm only working with the base game at this point. I got past this once by deleting cookies in safari, but can't seem to anymore. Tried deleting preferences too. I've uninstalled everything and deleted everything and reinstalled everything but keep getting the same thing. Any help would be awesome. Running OS X 10.5.8.
Hello,

Please try what Dale said, as it worked for others:

Dale wrote:Please try this..

http://megaupload.com/?d=BS7H6NFX

Try this version of Stuffit expander to extract the rar file..
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 20:58

Admin wrote:
theshanghaikid wrote:I keep getting "non-final unauthorized version" in the launcher. I've already applied the fix following the instructions exactly. I'm only working with the base game at this point. I got past this once by deleting cookies in safari, but can't seem to anymore. Tried deleting preferences too. I've uninstalled everything and deleted everything and reinstalled everything but keep getting the same thing. Any help would be awesome. Running OS X 10.5.8.
Hello,

I'm getting the same "unauthorized" version and I've followed all instructions exactly. Now, I know how to bypass the launcher but I don't want to do that bc I need to update my base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 21:03

I've got a few problems.

1. When I finally tried to upload my games today, I got an error saying that my base game doesn't match up with my expansions and that I need to update it, but when I go to updates in the launcher, it tells me that my game is up to date.

SO

2. I uninstalled everything and started with the Base Game, went to the launcher to update it before moving on (after using the latest fix from this site) and it's telling me that I have an unauthorized version. I can bypass the launcher but I need to update my base game.

ALSO

3. This problem is completely different. I'm trying to install the next expansion pack (WA) just to see what happens since I can't get past the launcher problem, and it's giving me the "Integrity cannot be verified" message even though I've followed all instructions exactly.

Any thoughts? Idk what info you might need from me so if anyone can figure this out, let me know what else you may need from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 21:06

Following the WA expansion, you MUST use the version of Stuffit expander I have provided to extract the rar file for this to work. Please follow the tutorial on how to install late night as this method is exactly the same for each expansion pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 21:12

I HAVE followed everything exactly.

I used that version, I followed the guide, I used the latest cracks when and where I was supposed to. I even tried other methods. I can't install ANY expansions right now because the installers are telling me that the "Integrity cannot be verified."

//EDIT

That version of StuffIt is working, because now the installer launches but then I get the "cannot be verified" message and I have to close it, so I cannot install everything.

I think I'm just going to download everything from another site and just use .iso files. This is too much work with too little results.

But I will keep working on it and taking advice to try to figure it out for everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 21:24

So you have created a .dmg file using disk utility from the World Ambition rar file?

You cannot go straight into the rar file and open up the installer, this is where the error comes in, you have to create a disk image.. If you have not created a disk image, then here lyes your problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 21:43

As I said, "I have followed everything exactly."

So yes, I created a .dmg file and went into the installer from there. I've done this before, and it used to work. I don't know why it isn't now. I had all the expansions installed before but now they're giving me issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 21:48

keljen wrote:As I said, "I have followed everything exactly."

I'm trying to help, so I have to make sure. As for your problem hmm, I'm afraid I don't know then, if you've followed the guide using the older version of stuffit expander provided then there shouldn't be a problem because I know people got this error using the new version of stuffit expander. But.. Obviously there is, so all I can suggest is as you said, to try the .iso, sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 22:06

That's okay, thanks.

I just uninstalled everything for the millionth time and retried again, just so that I can play the Sims base game at least (I miss it already).

Now, (after following everything exactly) it won't launch the game after I hit the big play button in the launcher screen. This is also new. At least before if it said "unauthorized version" it would still let me play the game.

Who knows =(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 22:42

Admin wrote:
Hello,

Yeah, still the same problem. Used this version of stuffit. Winrar did the same thing too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 22:44

Okay I finally got it to work... I did the SAME exact thing again and I got WA installer to launch and everything. The only thing I can figure is that the the .dmg file wasn't complete or something.

Anyhow now it's telling me that my version of the Sims 3 (base game) is not updated, but the launcher tells me it's up to date. What do I do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 22:53

UPDATE: I deleted the index file missingdeps.idx (I read somewhere to try that) and now the launcher works w/o the message about it being an unauthorized copy, but the game still will not load.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 23:04

keljen wrote:UPDATE: I deleted the index file missingdeps.idx (I read somewhere to try that) and now the launcher works w/o the message about it being an unauthorized copy, but the game still will not load.

Okay fail. I deleted that file then opened the game again and the launcher didn't give me any irritating messages. I closed it and tried again and they were back, so obviously deleting the index didn't work, at least not permanently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 23:07

I used to get the unauthorized copy message but then when I clicked ok it would then let me play. Erm what I would suggest is you try installing late night along with the crack that I provided and see if that works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 23:07

Dale wrote:I used to get the unauthorized copy message but then when I clicked ok it would then let me play. Erm what I would suggest is you try installing late night along with the crack that I provided in this thread and see if that works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 23:19

Dale wrote:
Dale wrote:I used to get the unauthorized copy message but then when I clicked ok it would then let me play. Erm what I would suggest is you try installing late night along with the crack that I provided in this thread and see if that works.

Ugh I've already tried that, too =( This is the third or fourth time I've tried reinstalling everything and every time it seems to get worse. I'm making sure that ALL the files are deleted and shutting down between each attempt.

I had initially used Late Night with your cracks and it worked flawlessly until this morning, when the launcher must have updated when I tried to install a package, and then it told me it was incompatible with my expansions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 23:33

Late night got me past the unauthorized copy message too, but now I'm on the service initialization error and the cracks in the thread didn't help me either. Now I'm going to see if outdoor stuff will help with that. Anyone have any luck with that yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Feb 2011, 23:42

ALRIGHTY finally. =) All along I've thought my biggest problem has been that my base game wasn't up to date. Found the update files on MTS and updated my base game. Should solve everything.

Everyone having the incompatibility problem should really get a Mod the Sims account for free and install the newest patches. (It's the only site I can find that gives you direct downloads for Mac patches and updates.) The updater is unreliable for this (obviously). So far this has fixed my problem and I haven't needed to install Late Night to get the others to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 14 Feb 2011, 15:06

keljen wrote:ALRIGHTY finally. =) All along I've thought my biggest problem has been that my base game wasn't up to date. Found the update files on MTS and updated my base game. Should solve everything.

Everyone having the incompatibility problem should really get a Mod the Sims account for free and install the newest patches. (It's the only site I can find that gives you direct downloads for Mac patches and updates.) The updater is unreliable for this (obviously). So far this has fixed my problem and I haven't needed to install Late Night to get the others to work.
Hello,

That's why the MAC -guide tells you to apply this MAC fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems as it gives you the latest version of the launcher.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2011, 15:23

Well that didn't work for me, as I've said.

Those files don't update everything thar needs updating because I followed the guide and it still told me that my base game wasn't up to date. So I manually downloaded the patch and voila! It works now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 14 Feb 2011, 15:37

keljen wrote:Well that didn't work for me, as I've said.

Those files don't update everything thar needs updating because I followed the guide and it still told me that my base game wasn't up to date. So I manually downloaded the patch and voila! It works now.
Hello,

Then I think we'll need to add the manual patches to the fix? (The fix is still in "béta", so we need advice like this to make it better!)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Feb 2011, 18:10

Yes I would definitely add them bc it was a HUGE help. The updater seems like it just updates your most recent game. A lot of people on EA's website said the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 15 Feb 2011, 19:05

keljen wrote:Yes I would definitely add them bc it was a HUGE help. The updater seems like it just updates your most recent game. A lot of people on EA's website said the same.
Hello,

Can you please link me to the patches (MAC compatible) through PM? Thanks in advance.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top