Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED] Empty I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 19:19

hi there! well, after this recent windows update, my computer had a hard crash Sad sadly I lost ALL of my sims 3 games (3 of which are retail, so luckily i have those (base game, generations, late night) and can install those easily. I had every single expansion, every single stuff pack and even though I was able to save a lot from the hard drive failure, I am pretty sad that I have to get all the sims stuff back Sad Sad Sad anyway, I'm writing to ask for advice on how to install the games now... since before I would install them as they came out, several months apart... but right now I'm having to pretty much install them all at once...

So, should I...

install all the games one right after the other, then apply the ultimate fix overwriting all the files like I'm supposed to, then install the stuff packs after that... or should I do it in a particular order (order EA released them??) or...?

...and what about updates? Should I always choose "update" when the install tells me that I have to update to go any further with the installation?? (I just got a forum email stating NOT to update to the newest version because the ultimate fix isn't ready yet...)

I just want to do this the "right" way... so that there are no errors and I'm not pulling my hair out because I borked something! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thank you for any advice I love you

Back to top Go down

I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED] Empty Re: I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Tue 30 Oct 2012, 07:12

Install the Base Game, Manual Patch to 1.39, install all the expansions you want, in any order, apply The Ultimate Fix, then play The Sims 3!

Ignore updates if it tells you to if you do the above.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED] Empty Re: I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 14:24

VERY nice!!! that's exactly what I wanted to hear, a step by step process!!! yay! I may just go about doing that today! Smile Smile Could you link me to where I can find the 1.39 manual patch please??

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 30 Oct 2012, 19:43

Here you go. http://www.mediafire.com/?0mdo68441gg5968

If you need anything else just ask.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 19:53

You're seriously the best! Smile Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:06

Hello,

Step-by-step, including a link to the manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How can you miss that?

Anything we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:12

Hey Mr Admin person, you be nice!!!! Razz I just wanted to make sure that I installed it right! I wasn't sure if I had to install them in order or not, or light my hair on fire and dance around in circles WHILE they were installing, or... something equally horrific. So, everything is installing nicely now, except my stupid store bought Ambitions kept throwing off a data error cyclical redunancy check warning, so I just used yours! heheh! Smile

//EDIT

...and I think I screwed up! I installed the base game, ambitions, late
night generations, pets and am in the middle of doing showtime right now
and I forgot to do the manual patch... did i just screw up?? can i
patch right now and be okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:53

Hello,

Applying the manual patch comes after installing all the expansions you want, as you can see in step 2: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 23:01

oh I was just going by what the first dude who helped me said. he said install base game, install manual patch, then install rest of games. so i wonder if i have to patch again??? i just installed EVERYTHING (except world adventures) and all SP's... and was getting ready to move over the cracks... so should i patch and then crack???

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:06

Hello,

If you run into any problems during the installations, you can use this alternative order for the steps: install the base game and then; 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

But please read this too: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7908-do-not-update-to-version-142-of-the-sims-3-yet
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 14:15

I haven't updated to 1.42, it actually hasn't even asked me to yet! hmm. i started the game it appears to be working perfectly fine. i may play a bit today to make sure! Smile i love this place, thank you so much for providing everything!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 31 Oct 2012, 16:54

Hello,

You're most welcome!
If you wish to update, you can use the updated Ultimate Fix when it supports 1.42 anyway.
For now, enjoy your game and please let us know if you need any more assistance! I need your advice... (installing after hard drive failure) [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top