Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42) Empty cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42)

Post by Guest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:01

Hi!

I updated the game to 1.42 and the game won't start. So I downloaded the new ultimate fix that is compatible with 1.42, do all the steps carefully, but when I tried to update the game, it just won't work. It install the game, but then it shows an error. I downloaded the manual patch, and it doesn't work either.
I am using windows 7 64 bit and have all expansion except outdoor living stuff. Before I can play the game just fine, until the update.

Please help Sad

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42) Empty Re: cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42)

Post by Dracos66 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:04

Can you post the exact error message your getting please.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42) Empty Re: cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42)

Post by Guest Sun 04 Nov 2012, 17:24

Hi!

Thanks for the prompt reply...

I get the error message as below from the manual patch:

cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42) Photostream

And this is from updating through the launcher ( I have repeated this 3 times Sad )

cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42) Photostream

Thanks again, hope you can help...

//EDIT

Sorry,

Seems like I cannot post with pictures..
Please see below link..

manual patch

launcher

Thanks a lot!!

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sun 04 Nov 2012, 18:23

First Edit and not double post.

You didn't link to a image, you linked to a webpage.

Code:
I get the error message as below from the manual patch:

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/89639527@N02/8154309502/in/photostream[/img]

And this is from updating through the launcher ( I have repeated this 3 times :( )

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/89639527@N02/8154317470/in/photostream[/img]

cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42) 8154309502_9a16baa354
cannot update and the manual patch won't work either (1.42) 8154317470_d524b1fc1a_z

But the subject, have you tried to re-download the Manual patch? Or run it as Admin.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Nov 2012, 16:32

Hi,

Sorry for the double posting.
Yes I have tried both, but nothing happens Sad

I tried to restore my computer to the point before I download the patch, but unfortunately I forgot to create a restore point at that time, and now I was left with the restore point from last year.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 05 Nov 2012, 18:30

Hello,

Please try re-downloading it using a different browser.
Do not use any "restore points" to recover the manual patch.

Do not interrupt the download during the process either.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Nov 2012, 06:12

Hi,

Sorry, was quite busy with work lately that I had not done anything with the sims. But I tried to re-download it last night, and it still won't work Sad

*UPDATE*

Hi, so after several times trying I manage to update the game, and so it loads and all.. I can play but the game keep on crashing :'( So, after around 15 mins playing it will suddenly stop working and I have to close without saving the game.. This is my fourth time have to restart the game and lose all the progress.. Help..

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by terabri on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 16:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : initial problem solved, new problem occurs..)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 20:58

do you know how you managed to get it to update? I'm still stuck on that same error message you had.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top