Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When a french girl wants to meet people :)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When a french girl wants to meet people :) Empty When a french girl wants to meet people :)

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 11:53

Hey guys!

it's a first for me, open a new thread in a english forum Embarassed
somebody knows already i'm french so i'm sorry for the writing
i wanted to open this new thread for i don't know talk with people to improve my english and meet some sims addict like me When a french girl wants to meet people :) 294340757
i like to know the way of life of people, of foreign people Smile because obviously we don't have the same way of living and everything
you certainly do things i don't know
i love watching american and english tv show i can see a little how it's the life elsewhere
i would love to travel but i don't have the money and i'm a single mom so it will be complicated so i watch tv and i go on forum Very Happy

If you want to speak with me about all and nothing, it will be great! i could tell you some french words or stuff
any want you know

so i wait for an answer cat

Back to top Go down

When a french girl wants to meet people :) Empty Re: When a french girl wants to meet people :)

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:20

Bonjour KimBauer!
I'd love to share and talk stuff, I love meeting with people, especially foreigners. So if you want, I am here to spend some time until Seasons out Razz
After that, I am planning to play it until I drool geek
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

When a french girl wants to meet people :) Empty Re: When a french girl wants to meet people :)

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:40

yep me too!
that's cool you accept my sort of invitation :p

what do you do to spend time before seasons?
I can't stop thinking about it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 12:57

Same here! I don't remember being that impatient before any EP ;p
Well, right now I am watching The Simpsons, and then will watch How I Met Your Mother Smile
I am kinda in a wauting period, so no work for me. So yay!
What about you?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:12

Oops i don't understand wauting, you mean waiting maybe? Smile

me? i am watching futurama on tv and i search desesperatly a torrent for seasons on the web - i know i have to wait to be sure the G4TW torrent but i can't stop searching!!!

i remember how i was excited for pets! but seasons, i use to love it very much in the sims 2 so i wish it 'll be the same fun on the 3

you know what? I loved HIMYM before but now i'm just borred
we will never know the woman lol i can't wait forever! i think i have watched to many episodes quickly and now i can't see an another one Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:13

Hi!

Good for you for opening a topic:) Participating on English forums and in chatrooms helped me increase my vocabulary and grammar a lot when I started using the internet 10+ years ago.
I'm in The Netherlands myself, so we're relatively close.

I've been playing Sims ever since the original game came out and I've played most Sims games; the original with all EP's, TS2 with all EP's, all 3 stories and even some sims games on the gameboy advanced emulator.
My PC sincerely lacks decent hardware, so I'm unable to play TS3 with all EP's and SP's.

I don't get out of the house much. I have chronic back pain and limited functionality of my lower back/hip area. It has worsened since my 2nd pregnancy. So while I can and do take care of my children and my housekeeping I don't have activities outside the house because standing and walking more than I do requires a time to recover. So I don't have a job outside and, thankfully, a husband that isn't bothered by all that.

It's a blessing and a curse really. Its great that I get to spend as much time with the children and that I have a lot of time for my hobbies. More than most anyway. But given the right opportunities it would be financially attractive if I could at least work a few hours a week. And of course chronic pain is a big downside, but you get used to that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:24

Yep, I definetely mean waiting. Sorry fo that, I spilled coffee on my mac and i am having difficulties with keyboard Facepalm

LOL, when it comes The Sims, I can't say be patient ;p But be careful about viruses, luckily I don't need to worry about them after getting a mac.

And about HIMYM, you right but mostly I am watching it for Barney. He is legen.. wait for it... dary!

And Lady ElDi, sorry about your conditions but every obstacle leads us good things too. This way you can spendnmore time with your kids and I think it is blessing Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:25

Oh i'm sorry for you Sad
i remember when i don't slept well and the morning i feel bad on my back it's so not cool but it passes in a couple of hours
so i can't imagine your serious problem
in fact we forgot we are lucky to be health when we are...

Yep Netherlands is Hollande in french (i think) so of course we are very close Smile i went there when i was a child, i remember the money with the big colour flowers but now it's euro Sad i wish France did the same as England for keepind the "franc" but it's better for commerce...

Lady, you must be a little frustrated because of your pc for not be able to play to sims 3??

//EDIT

Hey phoebe (you don't mind i don't write all?) did you know Barney is gay in real life? I mean i don't care but it surprise me because i had a little crush on him and he plays so well a straight man and a Don Lothario one!!
About that, i did not like when he dated with Robin... And now they're still friends? I don't buy it... What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:39

It is okay Kim -and I am gonna use that, if you may- and I know! All handsome and attractive guys are gay, we are doomed Facepalm Still, I love to see him with his cute twins, they are adorable I love you
And definetely I agree with you, I think it isn't cool dating your best friend ex, and in normal life people don't like it and end their friendships. Either they are too comfortable or careless they keep hanging out. But for me it isn't normal.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:42

I actually watched that show when it was new, the first 2-3 seasons I think. Then I got divorced and life took me on a roller coaster ride lol. I really enjoyed it a lot but, my ex and I watched so many shows during that time, and he torrented all of them even. We also watched Heroes, The 4500, Battlestar Galactica, Dr Who, CSI, Supernatural and a bunch of other series as well. There was no way I could keep up with that on my slow internet connection that I got after I left my douchebag husband.

I can run TS3 on my PC, just not with all EP's. It'll lag way too much and it was between my mods and the stuffpacks after Showtime came out so I favoured the mods. Now Seasons is coming out and I will not stand for not installing it, so I uninstalled Showtime and Late Night, hoping that'll be enough to reasonably play the game with seasons installed. I currently have WA, Pets, Generations, Ambitions and Supernatural. I didn't play much with the Late Night features though I will miss the butler, and the Showtime features weren't really for me either. I'm more of a stay-at-home sim type who spends his sunday at the park with the kids rather than go clubbing lol.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 13:57

yes me too Lady Smile
i notice my sims are like me - they are family oriented most of the time and they have babies and a nice and cosy home
i tried to do dramatic with vampires, or cheating story but i can't stand it so much Sad

no problemo phoebe ^^

so we all 3 not working (out i mean because you Lady with 3 kids, i know you have work inside the house)
if you want to know i'm trying to be a nursing auxiliary (i think we say that) and for the futur i wish i can be a nurse but the formation is expensive! now i can do the one year formation for the nursing auxiliary
for the nurse it's 3 years and i will have no help from the city.

And you phoebe, what is your job? or what are you waiting for? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 14:11

It's a lot of work with 2 kids (the third is still on the way so he doesn't make messes) but I've stopped cleaning up after them all the time. The oldest is in school every weekday, 3 days until 2:30 and 2 mornings until noon. I clean house during the time she's in school and after dinner we clean up together so they pick up their own toys and we vacuum if needed. Wednesday afternoon and Saturday she has to put all toys in her room away so I can vacuum there. I do most of my laundry during the weekend.

I've been thinking of becoming a lactation consultant because it is something I can do from home mostly, but its expensive to get licensed. I've also thought about being a birthing coach but I feel rather strongly about routine procedures so that would probably only wind me up unnecessarily. I may still try to get licensed as lactation consultant though, if I can find the time and money to study for it.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 14:26

Lol, my sims are a little lazy, like their player. But I prefer playing with vampies.

I graduated from uni two years ago, I studied Spanish language and lit., and after that I worked for a year in a television canal as translator-from spanish to turkish, translated many tv-shows- and then quit it. I always want to travel and soon I am gonna go to America, I hopeeeeee drunken
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 14:33

By the looks of things your English is better than about 90% of users on any English forum ahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 14:49

Lactation consultant is about breath milk, is it?
I think it's great! i gave breath milk for one year and it was really nice to create that particular link with my baby
i liked being pregnant and the baby years Smile now my son son is 5, he's a big boy snif... i need to find an other fiancé because i want other babies but the good one are already taken, grrr!

yeah! phoebe it's cool what what you did and your project to go to America Smile i would loove so much going to New York and Manhattan and Wisconsin lol (because i'm a huge fan of That's 70's Show)

hey thanx Greeley Wink
it's feels always funny to meet a guy who plays sims Very Happy what do you prefer in that game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 14:57

I will send some pictures from NY to you Kim :p And such a lucky woman, with a little boy. I love kids, and I hope someday I can have too, like you and Lady ElDi ^^

And hello Greeley Wink
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 15:01

Yup it's someone who knows stuff about breastfeeding and breastmilk who can help new mothers with problems they run into. But they also know which medication goes when breastfeeding and which doesn't. In my experience on baby forums, a lot of women give up because of bad support and bad information. I don't mind formula, as long as a mother isn't feeding it to her infant because she thinks she's unable to breastfeed.

Looks like our kids are close in age, my oldest will be 5 in April. Don't worry, the right guy will come along when you least expect it. I met my current husband at work, he was my supervisor actually. He had been in a bad relationship/marriage since he was 17 and finally broke it off after 14 years. That's when we got involved and started having a family.
And if, in a couple of years, you still haven't found the guy, you can always get a donor. That's what I would do anyway (and yes I am very serious).

phoebethetwilightprincess wrote:I will send some pictures from NY to you Kim :p And such a lucky woman, with a little boy. I love kids, and I hope someday I can have too, like you and Lady ElDi ^^

And hello Greeley Wink

I've always wanted to visit the States myself. It seems like a chance of a lifetime to go there.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 15:13

Lady ElDi wrote:I've always wanted to visit the States myself. It seems like a chance of a lifetime to go there.

As to my brother who lives in Ny for four years now, it's a different world than we know all, more different than europe. For us, it's like living in a tv show that we like to watch. Tough I am sure American citizens would love to see France or Holland too. Well, people always want to have different things than they own Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 15:27

Sure Americans want to go to Holland, but especially for Amsterdam lol.
I wouldn't want to live there I guess. I do have (internet)friends in the USA and it doesn't seem like it's a secure life such as here in this country. Of course many complain and there is always something to complain about. But here you won't go into major debt if you need surgery and I know of 1 friend who pays $300 a month for needed diabetes and bloodpressure medication.
And if you loose your job, you can get enough money to survive until your next job, if you don't spend too much.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 15:36

Yes you're right phoebe Smile
but in France we don't do good tv show Sad lol

and yes i'd love to see your pictures of NY!
your brother must have a good job for living here - i mean i always thought NY is like Paris, if you're not rich you can't live well in that cities
I've been living in Paris when i was younger with my parents who had money - in fact it was not in Paris center it was on 15minutes on train but it's the same almost

Now with a kid i can't imagine live in Paris. It's too dangerous and i want a good environment for my son. Maybe if i had an husband and a lot of money for a big and comfy home in Paris i will reconsider it Smile

Lady, i say it again after reading your explanation, i think it's really great to become a lactation consultant
for me it was so naturally and nothing did wrong but i've known some mothers who did stop because of what you said - and some nurses told you can't breastfeeding because you don't have enough milk, it's totally wrong! every woman can do it
and i don't know what it is where you are but here in France we've got hospital pro-breastfeeding and some not. They don't encourage the new mom and i think it's bad because we all know the breastmilk is the best for the baby Smile

about me searching a dad yes i know i will found when i will not expect but it's a long wait ! i'm trying not thinking about it but my son is 5 and i'm almost 30... time is running out!

maybe i could find a nice and handsome (yes it's important lol) guy who loves sims here??? LOL

do you have a boyfriend phoebe?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 15:50

Well I am 33 and I may or may not be done having kids. I guess it depends on how the pregnancy and birth go, though I am very confident in both. I don't believe in a maximum age to have a child though, as long as nature provides you with the opportunity to get pregnant. One of my dear friends has 8 children, her youngest is 18 months and she's going on 48 Shocked
And yes I believe she and her husband did plan it.

Of course you'll want a good looking man, who doesn't? lol There are all kinds of men here young and old and who knows what they look like. But there's a good chance they don't even live close to France.

It's the same here with hospitals. I had my first in a hospital and they were terrible, didn't help much and in the end she needed 2 bottles of formula because they didn't help me. I had my second kid at home (homebirth is still pretty normal here) and that obviously went much better especially since I had the experience.

I do believe I birthed in one of the worst hospitals when it comes to breastfeeding. They give bottles when they should cupfeed when possible and the hygiene was not so good. My mother was very ill at the time and half out of her mind because of the painkillers she used, but she still remembers how one nurse didn't wash her hands between changing a poopy diaper and preparing a bottle for another baby.
Which is one of the reasons why I fought for a homebirth with my second.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 16:34

oh! i'm shocked after reading that nurse's story!
it's a minimum wash hands in a hospital!

i think 48 it's old for having an other baby, that's my opinion
think when the baby will have 20years old, the mom will be almost 70!! oh no it's not cool for the teenager who will be ashamed of his parents Sad
my concern is because i wanted my son have brothers and sisters to play with - now he's an only child and he plays at school with his friends but at home he feels a bit lonely you know
i was myself an only child and i was sad to play alone in my room or with my mom - it's not the same with friends or brothers and sisters
also my son become a "king child" i don't know if you have this expression but what i mean is i don't like the way he speaks to me sometimes he feel like he can do whatever he wants because he is the little boy of the house, i can't stand it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 16:52

I would also be shocked to have a baby at 48, definitely. It wouldn't be my choice at all. But still, there are so many "older" parents these days, the average woman in this country is over 30 when she has her 1st child and she will have another by the time she's in her mid-late 30's, so it wouldn't be that weird for a kid to have an "older" mother since many kids his/her age will have a mom about the same age. So yeah you're going on 30, but that doesn't mean your fertility is almost at an end. You have 5-10 years at least.

I know what you mean with "king child", but rest assured it's the age rather than being an only child. My daughter is 4,5 and also acts like she owns the place. At this age they're constantly testing your patience to see how far they can take it if they want things to go their way. Sticking to your first answer is the key, but believe me there tantrums here daily over something she can't do or have at that moment. She's persistent and smart. She'll keep asking "why not", stomp her feet and try to get her way by asking a little differently. And she's also smart enough to know that if he's unaware, it may be beneficial to ask dad even after mom said no.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:12

All countries have good and bad stuff, but I agree with you Lady about security issue, it is the main problem in NY.
And Kim, nope, I don't have a boyfriend now, and I am happy currently. It's better be alone than having a chaotic relationship Smile I am saving myself for NY lol :p
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:22

I didn't think it was that normal to have a boyfriend if you live in Turkey. I've never been there, but the Turks in this country don't exactly give the impression that it's OK to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top