Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too Slow Since Seasons. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Too Slow Since Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Too Slow Since Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 21:05

Hello! Smile since i installed seasons the game is really slow, when i had supernatural it was great, but now when it's opening, in game, saving or loading something, well... it's really boring playing like that, please if you have a fix or know something tell me! i took out all mods and it keep the same Sad
Thank You Very Happy (i play with the No CD Mod)

Back to top Go down

Too Slow Since Seasons. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Too Slow Since Seasons. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 01:51

Hey,
my game lags a bit more since seasons, too. Although they said the requirements for seasons won't be any higher than with the previous EPs, all those tiny details like raindrops etc. can probably slow down the not-so-great computers (like my laptop with a shitty video card).
sorry for my English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 06:23

im having this same problem also,everything on my sims game worked fine,till i downloaded sims 3 seasons from the G4TW page on pirate bay,now when i try playing my sims game the loading screen for each of the worlds takes forever to load,i sat here for two hours trying to play sims 3 seasons tonight and i just cant get past the loading screens...

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 15 Nov 2012, 07:26

Backup/Remove Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, and try to play. Let us know if that helps.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Nov 2012, 09:49

Hello,

Even if the system requirements didn't change, each new EP will obviously make the game a little more taxing on your system.
You can find a number of things to try here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 16:09

i tried everything, i backed up my electronic arts folder in my documents,deleted the electronic arts folder,and started a new one by starting the game up,and still wont get passed the loading screen when i try starting a new game on a world,and i tried some of those things that eldi posted,and nothing..everything worked smoothly till i installed seasons,dont think seasons can run on my laptop..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 17:27

Hard_Drive87 wrote:i tried everything, i backed up my electronic arts folder in my documents,deleted the electronic arts folder,and started a new one by starting the game up,and still wont get passed the loading screen when i try starting a new game on a world,and i tried some of those things that eldi posted,and nothing..everything worked smoothly till i installed seasons,dont think seasons can run on my laptop..

Like you said, it probably cannot run on your laptop. I have a pretty new computer with the fun newer video card and lots of RAM and sometimes, the game runs really slow. Saving, and changing neighborhoods takes AGES. How much Harddrive space do you have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 17:34

i have a 250 gig hard drive,and after installing all the sims eps i still have 135 gigs to play with,so im good on memory ,my laptop is also has a duel core processor and 3 gigs of ram

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 15 Nov 2012, 18:36

Just make sure you close all the background task you can, so you have over 2 GB free before you start The Sims 3.

Oh and people make your own topic please.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 01:56

hehe thanks Very Happy i'm going to try those things... but i don't think it's cause i add a new expansion, because i have them all, and they slow the game but just a little, now with seasons, the loading screen to the menu, saving and the neighbourhood take a LOT of time more than before Razz, i got crazy yesterday, it took like 40 min loading... but them it loaded and i staid playing like 7 hours :3

And EA really changed the basic requirements since Supernatural i think, i tasted if the game run on my PC here (Can You Run It) and Showtime it's perfect, but from Supernatural to Seasons, it needs something else on the graphic card, Vertex Shader version 2.0 at least, according with that page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top