Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons - Could not verify the integrity of the installer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons - Could not verify the integrity of the installer Empty Seasons - Could not verify the integrity of the installer

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 07:38

Hello guys,
First of all I'd like to thank you for uploading Seasons sooo fast. I downloaded it (I'm seeding) and now am trying to install it but when I click on the installer it says "Could not verify the integrity of the installer". I haven't done anything weird and I've installed other expansion packs from this site before so I'm not sure what's wrong. Could you help me out here?
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Seasons - Could not verify the integrity of the installer Empty Re: Seasons - Could not verify the integrity of the installer

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 08:29

I had the same issue and was able to fix it:

"2. I ran into a second error after I was able to boot the installer itself, saying that it "could not verify integrity of the installer". You can get around that by making a new disk image in the Disk Utility, and then copying over the whole contents of the Sims 3 Seasons .rar over onto it. It has to be the CONTENTS of the folder, not the folder itself. After doing so, you can launch the installer application and go through the game installation as usual.

This thread helps with the error in step 2:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/139847.page
"

(from my earlier thread @ https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8234-can-t-install-sims-3-seasons-using-a-mac)

Back to top Go down

Seasons - Could not verify the integrity of the installer Empty Re: Seasons - Could not verify the integrity of the installer

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 18:22

I actually thought of doing that last night but figured I'd ask first :p Thanks, I'll try it now bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 18:56

How did you install it? I did all the .dmg thing but my installer is not ever opening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 19:19

It is working for me so far, when you're mounting it, you have to make sure that the installer is at the top in that disk image. For some reason there's a hierarchy that has to be followed, you can sort that out just by cleaning up by kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 19:50

Done that already but the installer won't open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:13

Well, the installer thing opened for me but now it says my game isn't updated which is weird cause I updated it not long ago but I guess I'll check if there's a new fix here.. What is it that happens to you exactly? is it the "could not verify" thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:22

No. I did everything you said, created the .dmg file and copied everything into that.
Then I put the installer at the top. I click on that and NOTHING happens, it doesn't even open itself.
I guess it's not my lucky day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:47

Awww man, I'm sorry, I really wish I could help :/
I'm trying to update my games as we speak, hopefully it'll turn out alright..
I'll do some googling, see if I can find anything that could help you, in the mean time try doing it again, erase that .dmg and make a new one, copy the installer first and then add the rest.. I dunno, I know you tried and I don't doubt that you did it right but I suppose trying again before giving up wouldn't hurt anyone.
Let me know if you find anything or if it ends up working

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 20:53

Thank you very much for your help, seriously Smile
But let me get this straight... When I copy all the files into the .dmg, what do I have to do after that? I mean, do I have to run the install from that folder with the .dmg mounted?
I'm lost at that point. (Sorry for my English).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:05

Yes, you run the installer from that new drive (.dmg) that you created

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:09

I think mine is wrong because never opens. Maybe trying to download everything again :/
By the way, I didn't extract the files with Stuffit but with WinZip Mac. Does this matter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:11

Ohhhh then def. try doing it with Stuffit because I read some people having a problem with that same thing, cause of WinZip.. I only have Stuffit so, didn't happen to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:16

TCPCohen wrote:I think mine is wrong because never opens. Maybe trying to download everything again :/
By the way, I didn't extract the files with Stuffit but with WinZip Mac. Does this matter?
Yes it matters. You HAVE to open with Stuffit. My installer wouldn't open either, until I downloaded Stuffit and unzipped the file with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:19

Good to know then. The thing is... I deleted the .rar file so I have to download again! Very Happy
Thanks, antiskub. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:27

I guess we can say this particular problem was solved... After you extract it with stuffit, remember to create the .dmg fil with the installer on top.. If it tells you that the other games aren't compatible then update your other games with the ultimate fix --> https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:49

I will. Thank you both again.

Did you fix your problem, alineap?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 21:53

I have to wait for like an hour, downloading the manual patch for mac so I can update to version 1.42 and theeen finally install seasons :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 03:48

I don't know what to do, mine didn't go past the first step. I opened the .exe file, but it opened to a Textedit thing. help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 09:36

You can't open .exe files on Mac unless you have an specific program for it. You have to click on the normal installer, not the .exe file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 15:22

Read everything we posted from the top, we solved it. You have to mount it using disk utility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:52

@sim-ple: You have to open the program called "The Sims 3 Seasons Installer", not the .exe file.
It's the installer application for the Mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top