Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stones Throw Greenhouse Install Fail

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stones Throw Greenhouse Install Fail - Page 2 Empty Stones Throw Greenhouse Install Fail

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 15:19

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys! I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I just downloaded and tried to install the new green house, but it fails and says I need to update my game. Problem is, my game is updated. I have all SP and EP, including seasons. The sushi bar which came out only a short while back installed fine. I thought maybe I need a store patch, but I can't figure out where to download it. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Shadow*

Back to top Go down

Stones Throw Greenhouse Install Fail - Page 2 Empty Re: Stones Throw Greenhouse Install Fail

Post by t2sink Tue 20 Nov 2012, 21:12

You have to extract it with WinRAR, then you get the .sims3pack, it was rar'd to make it a smaller file, so it doesn't take as much time to download.

t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Stones Throw Greenhouse Install Fail - Page 2 Empty Re: Stones Throw Greenhouse Install Fail

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 21:58

According to the installation guide, it didn't mention anything about extracting, it just says copy. I just wanna be really sure before I do this.

Last edited by happysimming on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 22:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 22:03

Well, you have to extract the files in order to copy them...
When in a .rar form, files are let's say "locked" so you have to "unlock" them and then do as the installation guide says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 22:07

Natalya wrote:Well, you have to extract the files in order to copy them...
When in a .rar form, files are let's say "locked" so you have to "unlock" them and then do as the installation guide says.
So I extract "greenhouse lot.package" and "greenhouse.package" to what exactly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 01:25

Well, extract them to the desktop, so you can have easy access to them. Then follow as the instructions say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Nov 2012, 21:04

happysimming wrote:
Natalya wrote:The items posted on the MediaFire account are already decrapified. So no worries; Just download and install away, following of course the included instructions. I can guarantee it will work perfectly fine if you install it as instructed. Enjoy Smile

Items? I was talking about the greenhouse. It says "Stones Throw Greenhouse.rar" instead of .Sims3Pack....and that worries me.
Lol, you expected a virus?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 23:45

Admin wrote:
happysimming wrote:
Natalya wrote:The items posted on the MediaFire account are already decrapified. So no worries; Just download and install away, following of course the included instructions. I can guarantee it will work perfectly fine if you install it as instructed. Enjoy Smile

Items? I was talking about the greenhouse. It says "Stones Throw Greenhouse.rar" instead of .Sims3Pack....and that worries me.
Lol, you expected a virus?

Lol, Admin don't take it personally. Just the user is not familiar with such stuff. From what I see, he is not familiar with compressed files and such.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top