Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons is choppy.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons is choppy.[SOLVED] Empty Seasons is choppy.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 20:31

Hmmm. This hasn't been my EP to say the least. My game keeps freezing (for a few seconds to about 2 minutes). I've tried other towns and I get the same results. I already cleared all my MODS and CC due to prior problems and I even downloaded the Game Booster thing and it didn't do anything.

I took the advice from another posting and reapplied the 1.42 patch (which I had to reapply the FIX, but no biggie). That still had done nothing at all.

Before all of this happened I noticed blank white boxes that stated they are Instance Error (all the same number) 319e4f1d:01000000:00000000000f5888

I know that I DID NOT place anything there, even when I did the buydebug for the pumkins when THAT problem arose.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my game play smoother?? My video card is a NVIDA GeoForce GT520 1 GB, which I have never had a problem and it's up to date. But you never know.

Thanks

PS: What I mean is I play, the game freezes, then continues, then freezes and so on.

PSS: @Admin, I don't know why you previously closed and told me I needed to move this to the "Pumpkin Thread", this is a whole new prob?? I don't understand?

Back to top Go down

Seasons is choppy.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Seasons is choppy.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 20:47

delete files from DCBackup, WorldCaches folders.. simCompositor file.
I do it when my game gets laggy.
And maybe disable/close your anivirus program, running backround programs.. seems basic but may help.
Also, I don't know about others, but I run the game with gamebooster twice, because It doesn't really seem to do anything at the first time or it's just me and my ocd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 21:51

Hello,

I closed it because I thought you still had a problem in the "Pumpkins" thread. If your topic hasn't been closed yet, post all your problems regarding the same game in that specific topic, to make it easier for us to track progress. Thank you.

I'll close the other thread now; next time please let us know if your problem is actually solved, so we can close the topic.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 01:18

Ooops. I see where you are coming from Admin. My apologies.

Soon, you can close this one too because I found the problem.

After testing my different worlds I found that the following objects really caused much of my lagging:

DO NOT have multiple fairgrounds. Although the city park really doesn't state it turns into a fair ground, it did for me. I found this out on world #4 I made and it ran the city park already there.

The garden set played havok as well. Maybe in the near future it will be improved, but it was another source of lagging for world #3 I made.

In world #2, the large, round ceiling lights that came with Seasons caused that lag. Once I deleted the lights from my home the game continued normally until I decided to quit.

World #1 has none of the above and it had played perfectly and smoothly.

Also, I used the Sunset Valley in all my experiments, at differnet time with diferent Sims.

So remember:

Garden green house, Season round ceiling lamp and have only one City Park and things should go smooth.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:14

Hello,

Good to hear you found the problem(s).
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)