Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED] Empty choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 01:41

Hi. I was wondering if there is anyone else having the same issue, or is it just me, and can anyone suggest what is the cause. I use external program to enable vsync. I have 1.82GB mods in 22 packages and 846MB of 33 sims3packs. I disable DEP for TS3W.exe only. intermittence occurs as well apart from the choppiness. And I have another question, is there any effects if we use alt-tab in game, like freezing or crash?

here is the game's settings:

[img]https://servimg.com/view/17859751/2]choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED] Sims_311

and here is my computer specifications:

Windows 7 x64
Phenom II X4 B55 3.2GHz with CoolnQuiet on
GA-880GMA-USB3 Motherboard with 10,400 MB/s hypertransport bus
4GB RAM 1333MHz
Sapphire HD6870 1GB
Gigabyte's PSU 550W(not true power I think)

Back to top Go down

choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 09:03

Your game settings are extremely high for having only 4gb of ram; I have 6gb of ram and my settings are set to half for most of those things and it still slows down at times. And of course it's going to get a little choppy with all those high settings AND on ultra speed- There are a ton of things that the game has to process; All the textures, reflections, and shadows really add up.

Try and run it with default settings, and if those are your defaults, then try and lower them. It's pretty simple.

Back to top Go down

choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:19

I see. I'll try with reduced settings.

//EDIT

I can see the difference though like you said it doesn't fully eliminate the choppiness and delayed navigational response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:54

A couple other huge factors in your problem could be:

1. Using an external program to enable vsync. I have no idea what this means, but using another program, on top of a huge program like the sims could definitely slow it down.

and 2. Mods; I bet 95% of any issues the game has for users is based on faulty mods that just can't keep up with the latest game patches. The game offers quite a lot in itself, I haven't had the NEED for mods, then again I'm not a sims movie maker, storyteller, etc. The best bet for ideal gameplay without issues would be to uninstall any mods.

And to answer you're other question about alt+tab; For me, personally, when I alt+tab everything works out okay, no crashes or anything. However, when I load the game again the screen/colors are darker and I have to go to options and change the screen refresh rate from what it's on, I don't accept the changes, and it goes back to looking fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 11:54

1. Using an external program to enable vsync. I have no idea what this
means, but using another program, on top of a huge program like the sims
could definitely slow it down.

in my case I force vsync on using ATI tray tools.

2. Mods; I bet 95% of any issues the game has for users is based on
faulty mods that just can't keep up with the latest game patches.

For that reason I have outdated base game version.

For me, personally, when I alt+tab everything works out okay, no crashes
or anything. However, when I load the game again the screen/colors are
darker and I have to go to options and change the screen refresh rate
from what it's on, I don't accept the changes, and it goes back to
looking fine.

I don't have that issue but sometimes when it took a long time to finish saving I switched to desktop. there were also times when it took forever to save so I knew that I had to terminate the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 17 Oct 2012, 18:49

rob0tz wrote:Your game settings are extremely high for having only 4gb of ram; I have 6gb of ram and my settings are set to half for most of those things and it still slows down at times. And of course it's going to get a little choppy with all those high settings AND on ultra speed- There are a ton of things that the game has to process; All the textures, reflections, and shadows really add up.

Try and run it with default settings, and if those are your defaults, then try and lower them. It's pretty simple.
Hello,

You should be able to run the game on highest settings with 4GB RAM without any problems, but you need a reasonable GPU too.
It's not all about the RAM.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 17 Oct 2012, 19:06

Have you updated your graphics card? I'm have no idea what one of the following is the one you have since there are 3 (that I see) SAPPHIRE HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE products on http://www.sapphiretech.com, so try to compare what features you have to them, and download the latest files from it. First, Second, and Third.

rob0tz wrote:Your game settings are extremely high for having only 4gb of ram; I have 6gb of ram and my settings are set to half for most of those things and it still slows down at times. And of course it's going to get a little choppy with all those high settings AND on ultra speed- There are a ton of things that the game has to process; All the textures, reflections, and shadows really add up.

Which is mainly the purpose of a graphic's card, not RAM, and The Sims 3 doesn't use more then 2 gb of RAM unless the RAM Patch is put in. Then it also matters how powerful of a graphic's card it is, I have no clue where the OP graphic card does stand.
--Admin beat me to it.

But with that you should try to lower your settings all the way, and uncheck the checkboxes, and see if that removes the choppyness.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 19:31

Wow ! another 6000 series video card !

just type this on cheat box

resetSim if your going to fast forward your game it will reduce some freeze in your sims

BTW

You can run any games with ultra high with that kind of video card

cause my video card is AMD Radeon 6800 Series

and I can run most of the game with ultra high quality

make sure to update your video card driver :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2012, 04:59

You should be able to run the game on highest settings with 4GB RAM without any problems, but you need a reasonable GPU too.
It's not all about the RAM.

yeah I know, mine is a mid-range card. I thought that The Sims 3 is not that demanding, but I when I think about it, just like Simcity 4 this game surely needs a lot of processing power. but wait, isn't my CPU the one that bottlenecks things here?

But with that you should try to lower your settings all the way, and
uncheck the checkboxes, and see if that removes the choppyness.

I tried it. no more intermittence, I guess because I didn't run that long enough. but now that I think about it, the game is supposed to look choppy when running in ultra speed, kind of like frameskip, but the navigation and the in-game menu also delayed. I think it is inevitable since the game is busy processing a lot of stuff.

You can run any games with ultra high with that kind of video card

cause my video card is AMD Radeon 6800 Series

and I can run most of the game with ultra high quality

It's relative I guess, certain settings/games may require heavy processing power on CPU's side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 18 Oct 2012, 21:58

Hello,

Might be the CPU, although it looks reasonable.
What does this test say: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 16:24

What does this test say: www systemrequirementslab com/cyri/intro.aspx ?

choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED] The_si10

Admin and other members, I think it's ok because I just want to know your opinions on this matter. The gameplay is ok on normal speed.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 19 Oct 2012, 17:28

Personally, I'd recommend turning down the graphics, using gamebooster, and going through your mods. Gamebooster can help, even if your computer can run the games just fine without it.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 17:48

Personally, I'd recommend turning down the graphics, using gamebooster,
and going through your mods. Gamebooster can help, even if your computer
can run the games just fine without it.

ok I'll try it later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 19 Oct 2012, 21:54

Hello,

So, are you sure you're on version 1.39 of the game? Currently the latest version.

You can check this by opening your game launcher and hovering your mouse over the base game icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. It starts with 1.xx.x .
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 01:24

So, are you sure you're on version 1.39 of the game? Currently the latest version.

me? no. I intentionally play an outdated game because I cannot part with some mods that are no longer updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:52

Hello,

Which mods if you don't mind me asking? There could be alternatives, or it could work with a newer version of the game.
Personally, I would let this issue go though, it's not as if you play on fast forward. It's meant to speed you through those moments that on't let you play your sim such as work or sleep. It's not there to look good. And I'm not sure it can be fixed to your (or anyone's) satisfaction.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 15:44

I would let this issue go though, it's not as if you play
on fast forward. It's meant to speed you through those moments that
on't let you play your sim such as work or sleep. It's not there to look
good. And I'm not sure it can be fixed to your (or anyone's)
satisfaction.

Actually it's not an issue anymore. It's just that I don't know how to call it solved, maybe this
Admin and other members, I think it's ok because I just want to know
your opinions on this matter. The gameplay is ok on normal speed.
doesn't convey the message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 20 Oct 2012, 17:01

Hello,

If it's not an issue to you, I'll close the topic.
We usually try to offer help when people are about to give up. Just because we don't like to see people giving up.

Enjoy your game and please let us know if you need any more assistance in the future! choppy animation when using ultra speed. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top