Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED] Empty Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 18:28

First off, yes I have read the "*MUST READ* Installing the Sims 3 correctly." I have also downloaded the manual patch and ultimate fix.

I am currently downloading the base game, all available expansions and stuff packs. Meaning I will have from the base game to seasons by the time all downloads are done.

- I understand that each time after the base game is installed, and you try to install an expansion or stuff pack, you are asked to update to the latest version of the Sims 3. You state to download the manual patch AFTER you've installed all the games you wish to install. But how is that possible, because if you refuse to update to the latest version, you are unable to install the expansions or stuff packs? Do I need to install EA Download Manager in order to complete the updates?

Also, pertaining to the ultimate fix; Step 4 states: "Open the "# Crack" folder in the Fix and drag & drop the .exe and .dll file in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist in that folder."

Do I ONLY use the "# Crack" folder, and not worry about the crack for each expansion and stuff pack? So in other words, I do not need to crack each expansion pack and stuff pack, only the base game?

If you could better explain each step I would greatly appreciate it. I am slightly confused as to how the steps are to be completed. My apologizes if I have answered my own questions, I have just attempted many times to illegally installed the Sims 3 and have failed. I have not used these steps or downloads from this site yet, so I am hoping for success.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Thu 22 Nov 2012, 19:39

How I like to install the game.

Ignoring all the #Installation Guides Steps, just using them for the Serial Code.
Mount both the base game discs.
Install the Base Game.
Manual Patch to latest version. (With Installing Seasons it will update to the latest atm 1.42)
Install all expansions that I want.
Apply The Ultimate Fix.
Start playing.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 23:57

t2sink wrote:How I like to install the game.

Ignoring all the #Installation Guides Steps, just using them for the Serial Code.
Mount both the base game discs.
Install the Base Game.
Manual Patch to latest version. (With Installing Seasons it will update to the latest atm 1.42)
Install all expansions that I want.
Apply The Ultimate Fix.
Start playing.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

So you don't apply ANY cracks, at all? Completely ignore the steps about cracking?

When you manual patch to 1.42 after the base game, is that the only time I have to do that? I won't be prompted to update for any other expansions or stuff packs when installing?

What do you do for the Ultimate fix? Do you only apply the ones in "# Crack" or do you do the ones for each expansion/stuff pack?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 23 Nov 2012, 00:28

Yeah, Since the cracks will be applied while doing the Ultimate Fix.

Yes, since 1.42 is the latest, and all expansions are use-able with it. (Just will be prompted that your game version is too high for some expansions, just ignore and install anyway.)

Follow every step in the Ultimate Fix. (That applies to your installation.)

Hope it helps, if you have anymore questions just ask.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 02:00

t2sink wrote:Follow every step in the Ultimate Fix. (That applies to your installation.)

There's a step in the Ultimate Fix for "The Sims 3 – Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" (#11), that talks about updating from the launcher. Because of the 1.42 manual update, should I skip this step also?

After that I believe you've answered every question I have, no matter how stupid! Thanks again, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 23 Nov 2012, 05:05

Yeah, you can skip it, not like you can update you game even more currently, and if you managed to the Ultimate Fix wouldn't work.

Asking to be safe rather then sorry isn't a bad thing.

If you have anymore questions, you know where to find us.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Nov 2012, 23:01

Hello,

Sweet!
Enjoy the game and let us know if you need more help! Help with installing the Sims 3 correctly. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top