Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED] Empty TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 18:21

Hey guys,

Well, I'll admit, it's been a while since I torrented any games (my last being The Movies PC, if that gives you an idea on how long ago).
So, if anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I gave the forum response on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly" a glance over and am still stuck on step #1. Could someone explain to me the "Install" step. I downloaded the game(s). I've unzipped them in WinRAR. I've opened them up in PowerISO and then I've tried to Mount them, but nothing happens from that point on. I'm not sure if I am mounting them right (or to the correct area on the hard drive). From this point on, I am kind of stumped. Can anyone give me exact point-by-point directions on how to install Sims 3 and expansions correctly. Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED] Empty Re: TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Mon 03 Dec 2012, 20:05

Did you run the disk after you mounted them?
If you did, can you explain it a bit more? Like you can just right-click on the .iso and have it mounted with PowerISO, recommend to do both at the same time, since PowerISO can manage what 20+ easily anyway.

How I like to Install The Sims 3 + any/all Expansions.

1. Install Base game.
2. Manual (Super) Patch it to the latest version(currently 1.42, or install latest Expansion (Seasons needs 1.42 base) to update to latest version.)
3. Install all expansions you want/have, ignore #Installation guide besides for serial codes, files in #Crack Folder are outdated so useless to use.
4. Apply the latest Ultimate Fix for all you have.
5. Play.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED] Empty Re: TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 20:15

I think I might have figured out the problem. I downloaded a torrent that was a "complete" of all the Sims 3 (from Games4theworld) but was uploaded by another fan. He put all the files as .daa There was no way for me to split the Starts Disk and Disk 1; it was all meshed together as one thing. I would not have been able to burn a disk, cause it was almost 5BG just on the initial Sims 3 alone. All the other expansions were updated on his torrent, so they were all over 5GB too. Looks like I'll just have to go and retorrent all the expansions here again to restart. I'll post up again if I have anymore trouble with these. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 20:45

Ok, I managed to re-torrent the Sims 3 game. I have opened it through WinRAR and just burned both the Start Disk and Disk 1 to DVDs. Now, what icon do I click on to install it? Everytime I load the disk it goes to PowerISO and then I have to choose which icon to open. I've clicked on a few of them but I get this message:

TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED] Troubl11

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 04 Dec 2012, 08:02

Once you get it loaded to PowerISO, just need to open up My Computer, and run the Start Disk, like you normally would for a disc in your optical drive. Since PowerISO will virtual add another optical drive with the Start Disk in it.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 04 Dec 2012, 13:06

Hello,

Here's the base game installation video, that should help.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:13

Lady ElDi wrote:[color=violet]Hello,

Here's the base game installation video, that should help.

Thanks Lady Eldi,

That's just what I was looking for. It finally installed correctly. However, when I start installing the expansions, it says that I need to update Sims 3 in order to do that. Should go I online and update or is there a way I should bypass that first (I did not replace anything with the Crack yet, just in case).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:18

Hello,

You can allow the expansion to update, or run the manual patch from step 3 in the "must read" topic first.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:26

Sounds good. I tried to upload Generations, but it is asking me for the code again. Do I just use the Serial Generator given with the Sims3 package? Or is there another one I need to download?

//EDIT

Actually, scratch that. I was still looking at the other fans' torrent. I found where the codes were. Thanks for the help. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 20:53

Hello,

Glad to hear you solved that issues!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need any more assistance! TROUBLE with Step #1 on "*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly." Help please. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top