Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphics Glitch; white load screen, missing text.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphics Glitch; white load screen, missing text.[SOLVED] Empty Graphics Glitch; white load screen, missing text.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 04:41

Hi,

I recently installed all the sims 3 expansions on my new machine, and it doesn't load properly. The load screen appears white, but has the normal twirling curser, green load bar and text floating across it. When I get to the main menu, words don't appear on any buttons, descriptions of towns are missing and I can't really tell what I'm doing because the options on the buttons are missing. I went to the options menu thinking I could change the graphics, but they don't display either the buttons or the text.

It sounds similar to this problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4941-graphics-error-missing-sims-and-textsolved
But the only solution given was to uninstall and only have up to pets installed, that's not a solution, that's a workaround. I'd only be bothered playing to have supernatural installed.

I tried the ultimate fix, which is what I used on my old laptop and it fixed everything, but there was no change. I updated my video card (ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series) using the auto detect software suggested in another thread (can't post new link as I am a new member).

And I checked using device manager to check for updates. Turned computer off and on again.

I have Windows 7 86x, plenty of HDD space, 4g of RAM, computer does not appear to struggle to load program more than usual.

D: HALP

//EDIT

Oh, I forgot to mention absolutely zero custom content.

Back to top Go down

Graphics Glitch; white load screen, missing text.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Graphics Glitch; white load screen, missing text.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:18

Hello,

Does this apply to your situation at all?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Graphics Glitch; white load screen, missing text.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Graphics Glitch; white load screen, missing text.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:39

I have done that and there is no change. I checked all the expansions were also EN-us as well, and no difference Sad. It seems to be a graphical error because the sliders in the options menu are missing. I tried playing with the resolution and lowering the graphics and restarting, and nothing, but I can only see the first menu screen, the others are missing large chunks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:43

Hello,

Ok lets see how we can fix this. Start by doing steps 2-4 onthis page again.
Sometimes that can correct errors.

Edit: Wrong link.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 17:18

Sorry I took so long, it took a while to redownload. To follow through what I did,

2. I redownloaded the update and updated it, even though it was already at max update.

3. I redownloaded the fix and followed instructions to the letter, even copied them all in order. I went to the sims 3 console and hit refresh (for updates) and I could see the computer freeze up a little as it thought and come back as "up to date". Yes I made sure that the sims 3 was missing from the taskbar before taking any further action.

If you suspect that it is about updating, these are the versions my sims 3 is at:

Version; 16.0.136.019001
Base: 1.42.130.019002
W.A.: 2.0.86.002002
High-End Loft: 3.0.38.004.001
Ambitions: 4.0.87.006001
Fast Lane Stuff: 5.0.44.008001
Late Night: 6.0.81.009001
Outdoor: 7.0.55.010001
Generations: 8.0.152.011001
Town Life: 9.0.73.012001
Pets: 10.0.96.013001
Master Suite: 11.0.84.014.001
Showtime: 12.0.273.015001
KatyPerry: 13.0.62.016001
Diesel: 14.0.48.017001
Supernatural: 15.0.135.018001
Seasons: 16.0.136.019001

Do those match up to how updated they are meant to be?

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 27 Nov 2012, 10:43

Hello,

Only the base game version is interesting at this time and that seems to be correct.
Do you have mods? If you do, please back them up and remove them (temporarily) to see if there's a problem in that area.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 12:09

No mods, no custom content, nothing, it's a new machine. I wanted to do a clean install and then make an image of my computer before adding any mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 27 Nov 2012, 13:04

Hello,

I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall at this point. Restart the PC after uninstalling, and follow these instructions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 15:00

Finally beginning to reinstall after uninstalling all of them using your un-installer, but might call it a night. Will post back if it doesn't work in 48 hours. Thanks.

//EDIT

FYI: It's fixed! The only difference between now and last time was me updating it as soon as I installed sims 3 base game and installing them all in perfect order. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 28 Nov 2012, 18:03

Hello,

That's great news!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top