Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help a tired simmer.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help a tired simmer.[SOLVED] Empty Please help a tired simmer.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 22:06

Hi

I'm requesting some assistance from you lovely people. My game is constantly crashing, so I decided that I will reinstall them and start with a clean slate. The issue I need help with, is: I have a lot of Store CC (downloaded from mediafire) and I want to turn them into package files, not into individual ones but combined ones. Now, I have read what people have written here, mentioning CCMagic, s3pe, Delphy's Sims 3 pack multi-extractor and something called Sims 3 Dashboard tool. I got completely confused and now I'm even less sure what I'm actually supposed to do.

Basically I want someone to please tell me exactly what program(s) to use, what they basically do and simply, how does the program work. Just explain it to me in short and as simple as possible, as if I were dumb as a rock. I have tried reading instructions, but I'm still confused as bananas. So please, help little tired old me turn these many Sim3packs into few Package files, with least amount of fuss as possible.

Thank you for your help in advance.

PS. I can't seem to find some items in the uploads in mediafire. I don't know if the file names have been changed or they're just not there, since I can't find some of them with the file names that are originally from the store.

Back to top Go down

Please help a tired simmer.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Please help a tired simmer.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 01:08

I do believe what you need is Delphy's Sims 3 packer.
But I'm not sure - remembering it wakely...

However here is one that makes the Store Items into package files.
http://pastebin.com/Smw8RD1m

The link is a list over the files/items and where they can be downloaded.
So you need to copy and paste adresses and if I remember it correctly, you need a password to enter some of the rar.files, which are found at MATY. I'm sorry to say, that I don't remember the password at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Please help a tired simmer.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Please help a tired simmer.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Nov 2012, 07:53

//MOVED
Hello,

If you want the easy way, use CCmagic. It's very easy to use. It doesn't "do" lots, worlds and original sims3packs, but since you got them from our mediafire account, they'll install just fine. Except for the lots and worlds, you'll have to install them with the launcher.

You can use a combination of Delphy's multipack extractor to extract sims3packs, and s3pe to combine them into several large packages. It's not that complicated, once you understand the instructions, but it can take a lot of time.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 07:55

Auntie Bella wrote:I do believe what you need is Delphy's Sims 3 packer.

So you need to copy and paste adresses and if I remember it correctly, you need a password to enter some of the rar.files, which are found at MATY. I'm sorry to say, that I don't remember the password at the moment.

Thanks for trying to help me, but the text is in Spanish, but no hablo Español. I wouldn't be able to use it.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Thu 29 Nov 2012, 08:04

Here, let Google Translate that.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpastebin.com%2FSmw8RD1m

Has some issues with the translation, but still mainly read-able.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Nov 2012, 12:20

dOt_Q wrote:
Auntie Bella wrote:I do believe what you need is Delphy's Sims 3 packer.

Thanks for trying to help me, but the text is in Spanish, but no hablo Español. I wouldn't be able to use it.

See how you like CCmagic though, as I said, it's very easy to use.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 15:13

Lady ElDi wrote://MOVED
Hello,

If you want the easy way, use CCmagic. It's very easy to use. It doesn't "do" lots, worlds and original sims3packs, but since you got them from our mediafire account, they'll install just fine. Except for the lots and worlds, you'll have to install them with the launcher.

You can use a combination of Delphy's multipack extractor to extract sims3packs, and s3pe to combine them into several large packages. It's not that complicated, once you understand the instruct
ions, but it can take a lot of time.

Thank you, I'm still a bit confused though. Do I use only the CCmagic or only the Delphy's multipack extractor-s3pe combination or all of them? Also I'm a bit unsure what you mean by extract the sims3packs. I mean I'm not sure what you mean by it in this context, why do I need to extract them and where? I was reading comments on MTS about the multipack extractor and Delphy wrote that you can use it to multi-install things instead of using the laucher. So how does that work? Do I first have to turn the sims3packs into package files before extracting them? Also, does the CCmagic turn sims3packs into package files if you want to?
These are the kinds of things that I'm confused about since it's not clear to me and it's not clearly explained anywhere for me to understand it.
I tried reading the user guide here CCmagic User Guide , but I couldn't really make heads or tails out of it. Too many things I don't know about or understand.
Firstly, what are "Legacy" mods? Secondly, what does this mean?

The resource.cfg file in the TS3 Mods\Cache folder is modified so that TS3 will load only the sets in the active configuration.

It's from this section of the user guide:

When the user requests a "rebuild" (manual, or automatic when the "Play" button is clicked), CC Magic does the following:

• The
    enabled mods in each set that the player has modified are combined into
    MODBUILDX.package files, the appropriate folder structure in the TS3
    Mods\Cache folder is created, and the combined packages are copied to
    the folders.

• The resource.cfg file in the TS3 Mods\Cache folder is modified so that TS3 will load only the sets in the active configuration.

I have a hard time following instructions/guides if they're not clear enough (for me) and explained step by step. Sorry for being such a nuisance. Again, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 29 Nov 2012, 16:10

Hello,

CCmagic really is the simplest way and you don't need anything else to use it. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Let me describe the most simple way:
-Install CCmagic.
-Uninstall all your sims3packs with the launcher.
-All sims3packs should be in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads.
-Start CCmagic, it'll start "collecting" from the downloads folder.
-Click the "rebuild" button on top of the CCmagic screen. This can take a while, depending on how many you have. You'll be notified when it's finished.
*Alternatively, you can choose to use CCmagic as a game launcher. If you do, you don't have to use the "rebuild" button, but click "play" right away.*

But keep in mind that it may take a while to start the game since it's rebuilding the CC, so I've always preferred to rebuild manually and do some other thing while it's working.

And that's really all there is to it. All of the other functions are optional.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Nov 2012, 16:58

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

CCmagic really is the simplest way and you don't need anything else to use it. It can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Let me describe the most simple way:
-Install CCmagic.
-Uninstall all your sims3packs with the launcher.
-All sims3packs should be in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads.
-Start CCmagic, it'll start "collecting" from the downloads folder.
-Click the "rebuild" button on top of the CCmagic screen. This can take a while, depending on how many you have. You'll be notified when it's finished.
*Alternatively, you can choose to use CCmagic as a game launcher. If you do, you don't have to use the "rebuild" button, but click "play" right away.*

But keep in mind that it may take a while to start the game since it's rebuilding the CC, so I've always preferred to rebuild manually and do some other thing while it's working.

And that's really all there is to it. All of the other functions are optional.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is what I needed. Thank you!

//EDIT

Hi, just quick question. Is it wise to convert store bought uncrapified sims3packs into package files? I can't be sure but I think I read at one point that you shouldn't use CCmagic for store bought CC. I could be wrong, but I'd like to be sure before I do anything to those files.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:54

Hello,

If it hasn't been decrapped, CCmagic won't process it. If it has been decrapped, it's just another item of CC for the program.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:06

If it hasn't been decrapped, CCmagic won't process it. If it has been decrapped, it's just another item of CC for the program.

Ok, thank you again. I'll install the ones I have originally from the store through the launcher and then see in the game what items are possibly overlapping.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:22

Hello,

Good luck and please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 23:02

Good luck and please let us know the result.

Hi again.

I just wanted to tell you the results of your help. The
CCmagic took only a bit over 6 minutes to do it's magic and the game
loads much faster now. I ran into a few snags on the way, but I was able
to fix them myself. There's still a few things I need to check and sort
out though. I noticed with few items and clothing that if I don't have
the sims3pack installed, then the package file version either doesn't
have a picture or the whole thing doesn't show there. I find it very
odd, luckily I had the sims3packs of those items. The game still crashes
a bit too often and I keep getting the error code 12 as well. Too many
times for my taste, but at least now it's playable.

Again, thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:30

Hello,

That's probably one of the many Seasons bugs, unfortunately. I'm glad to hear it's working, reasonably, now.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top