Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 generations BLACK lots and neighbourhood

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 generations BLACK lots and neighbourhood Empty sims 3 generations BLACK lots and neighbourhood

Post by Guest Sat 01 Dec 2012, 19:07

So.. I was playing sims 3 normally and installing downloads when suddently when i went back to my neighbourhood most of it was black, while after zooming i can see fine.
I tried removing downloads, deleting cache's and running in combatibility mode. In combatibility of windows 7 and Xp it works, but its darker the whole game and lagging, or freezing to dekstop.

my specs
intel core i7 2.67GHz
3gb ram
nvidia gtx 275
windows 8 enterprise -and all dirvers up to date with Vsync on-

I will be waitting for your help, thank you, this forum is doin a pretty good work Smile

Back to top Go down

sims 3 generations BLACK lots and neighbourhood Empty Re: sims 3 generations BLACK lots and neighbourhood

Post by Admin Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:49

Hello,

Here's the driver for your graphic card. Please download and install the update and choose "Custom" and "Clean installation" during the installation wizard, if possible.

32-bit: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-32bit-306.97-whql-driver-uk.html
64-bit: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.97-whql-driver-uk.html

Good luck!

//EDIT

Don't forget to restart your PC after installation!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

sims 3 generations BLACK lots and neighbourhood Empty Re: sims 3 generations BLACK lots and neighbourhood

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 18:20

problem remains..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 03 Dec 2012, 11:14

Hello,

What's your base game version? Open the launcher and hover over the base game icon in the lower left corner to fins out.
Do you have mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 15:13

Version 8.0.152.011001
I only had some downloads but i removed them. i also restored my pc some steps before, just after the instalation of base game n 4 expansion packs. but problem remains. maybe its my hardware but how can i know? all exe files are added on DEP also

ah, i m sorry, base game version is 1.21.123.011017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 16:49

Hi,

You might want to try disabling 'SLI' in the nvidia control panel (if possible).

Hope it helps,

J

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 16:55

there no such option on my nvidia..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 17:38

Did you try to to set the Sims 3 process to 'real-time' in your taskmanager? (not sure you still got that option in windows 8 for I've never worked with it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 17:50

no.. i ve never heard of that.. after i launch sims 3 i open task manager n set the process to real time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 17:56

Yes, you can try that and see if it makes a difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 03 Dec 2012, 19:39

Your game is extremely outdated, and I would recommend updating and following steps 2 - 4 here.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 20:41

WOW.. just thank u..!! it was in front of my eyes n i thought adding an expansion updates the game also.. thanks a lot guys!!
I see some new worlds, can i enter them or get sim ponts without bein logged in?

but eghm.. i have 2 folders of EA in my documents now.. anyway. download manager asks to patch. should i accept?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 04 Dec 2012, 09:50

invalidusername wrote:Your game is extremely outdated, and I would recommend updating and following steps 2 - 4 here.

That's why I asked because I had a hunch it would be.
I assume the last (few?) patch(es) took care of win 8 compatibility.
It's recommended to turn the in game store off in your game options. It can cause game crashes and doesn't really serve a purpose at all unless you have a registered game and simpoints. You can get everything from the store [url= http://www.mediafire.com/?8hvd25izaiea4]here[/url].
Is the downloadmanager asking you about a store patch? if it is, you may ignore it. It serves no purpose for cracked games.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top