Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED] Empty Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 16:23

Hey Guys,  I'm new here.

so I just decided today, to try installing some expansion packs. I've read through the *MUST READ* folder, however, I noticed in step 4 they mentioned that I need to copy two files from the Ultimate Fix folder into my EA folder. More specifically, into the "Game/Bin" folder. 
These folders, awkwardly, don't exist on my mac at all. I've searched in the EA folder which was saved within the Document folder and I just can't find it. 
I don't know how important this is therefor before installing it I thought I'd ask for help. Don't want to end up deleting the whole game out of frustration.  :$:

I hope someone can help me out and explain what I need/should be doing.  Help

Thanks!  I love you

Back to top Go down

Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED] Empty Re: Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:30

This is really specific but I just need that one last step from the *MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3. If I read a new guide with new steps its gonna be really confusing since I already did all of the steps for torrent expansion packs. 
I'm really just missing the two folders "Game" and "Bin" within the EA/TS3 folder. 
So my question is, are these important, is it necessary for Ultimate Fix to work and if yes where can I find these folders?

Back to top Go down

Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED] Empty Re: Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:36

As shown in the guide (part 4), the folder is at:
Contents>Resources>transgaming>c_drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin
Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:41

Shamrock wrote:As shown in the guide (part 4), the folder is at:
Contents>Resources>transgaming>c_drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin
Hope this helps.
But do you understand my question? I said there is no Game nor a Bin folder. And on macbooks there is no c-drive as far as I know. I do not know where to copy the files from the Ultimate Fix because the folders I need are not there. And if I use the Search to look for the folders I can't find them either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:47

I understand your question.

We have created a problem-free guide to help people out, which I linked to you.
It would be easy for you to scroll through it and see where you went wrong.

Otherwise, please wait for Phoebe, I will PM her to tell her she should take a look (or any Mac Helper if they come before).

Sorry, my Mac knowledge is very limited...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Nov 2014, 18:49

Appreciate the attempt. Smile I'll see what i can find in the guide.

//EDIT

Problem solved, thank you! Folders Game & Bin from step 4 ("How to install The Sims 3 correctly") not in EA folder [SOLVED] Icon_smile 
I found it within the last step in the guidelines!

Helper edit: Problem solved, topic closed.
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top