Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many Mac users do we have here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are you wanting to get into gaming on your Mac?

How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_lcap78%How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_rcap 78% 
[ 166 ]
How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_lcap1%How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_rcap 1% 
[ 3 ]
How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_lcap3%How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 7 ]
How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_lcap17%How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 37 ]
How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_lcap0%How many Mac users do we have here? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 214

How many Mac users do we have here? Empty How many Mac users do we have here?

Post by m4dm4n Wed 23 Mar 2011, 17:08

Please answer the poll for me. I'm going to start looking into helping fix a few things for our Mac users, but I need to know how many of you there are, and if you really even need help.

Also, be on the lookout for a few posts coming up here pretty soon, on how to run Windows games and software within MacOS without the need for virtual machines or dual booting (bootcamp). I'll have all the details on a few titles that I have up and running, and the issues and fixes to getting them to run acceptably.

Cheers pirat

Admin edit: Topic is Sticky now. Wink

- ADMIN
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters

Male

Back to top Go down

How many Mac users do we have here? Empty Re: How many Mac users do we have here?

Post by Admin Wed 23 Mar 2011, 22:04

Hello,

Do you think you can take a look at the Installation for The Sims 3 on a Mac and see if you can fix some stuff about it, because I don't think it is actually working for everyone at the moment.

There are lots (?) of Mac users actually, but they usually stay away, because they see it's all about PC. I used to get a lot of e-mails about The Sims 3 installations on a Mac.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

How many Mac users do we have here? Empty Re: How many Mac users do we have here?

Post by m4dm4n Thu 24 Mar 2011, 17:25

Yeah, not a problem. I'm still waiting on Snow Leopard to finish downloading and I can start soon after.
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 00:38

Hey im a noobie to the forum and im a mac user, generally i download torrents meant for pc's and get them working on my mac anyway. . .
Hello everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n Tue 29 Mar 2011, 00:49

Turtle wrote:Hey im a noobie to the forum and im a mac user, generally i download torrents meant for pc's and get them working on my mac anyway. . .
Hello everyone!

Are you using WINE (I'm using it for Sims 3 on Ubuntu and Fedora) or virtualization?

I'm currently testing a few of our uploads specifically for Macs. pirat
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:20

m4dm4n wrote:
Turtle wrote:Hey im a noobie to the forum and im a mac user, generally i download torrents meant for pc's and get them working on my mac anyway. . .
Hello everyone!

Are you using WINE (I'm using it for Sims 3 on Ubuntu and Fedora) or virtualization?

I'm currently testing a few of our uploads specifically for Macs. pirat

i dont actually run windows on my mac! Ive had my mac for about. .hmm i'd say 3 months, so im not exactly an expert, however, both of the sims games i have downloaded (and which stated it was for PC) are wrapped with CIDER so generally not to much messing about has been needed, Ambitions is the first torrent ive downloaded from this website (i usually use demonoid) and is the first ive had any hassle with!

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n Tue 29 Mar 2011, 17:21

Turtle wrote:
i dont actually run windows on my mac! Ive had my mac for about. .hmm i'd say 3 months, so im not exactly an expert, however, both of the sims games i have downloaded (and which stated it was for PC) are wrapped with CIDER so generally not to much messing about has been needed, Ambitions is the first torrent ive downloaded from this website (i usually use demonoid) and is the first ive had any hassle with!

Nice. Cider, like Cedega, is based off an older source fork of WINE, before the WINE project went to GPL. This allowed Transgaming to fork the code and close the source, making it "proprietary". /history lesson

It's nice to meet another non-Windows gamer on here.
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Apr 2011, 08:27

i'm a fairly new mac user, have downloaded a few of the sims expansion packs, and got most to work (working on high end loft and late night which i'm having issues with the launcher too) however thanks to you guys i was able to get world adventures and outdoor stuff to work. So thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 18:31

i have a dual core imac, with 4 gigs of ram... i do have windows xp installed on Parallel Windows only for thopse cracks that are .exe mostly, haha.

Will look into becoming a Mac helper here after i manage to install all your releases succesfully on my mac. I installed the base game so far, and things are going ok, wish me luck!

Back to top Go down

How many Mac users do we have here? Empty a suggestion for mac gamers ^.^

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 14:37

Hi y'all!
first of all I want to to thank games4theworld for the kick-ass gametorrents Smile
Im a mac-user currently on a snow-leopard MBA en @ home a roarint lion on iMac
maby a suggestion.. most of the games which can't run on OS X, can run an crossover games.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/6516489/CrossOver_Games_10.1.0_[NyaTaku]

tnx again G4TW!!!
*hugs* from Holland ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2012, 22:47

I am a new Mac user....getting used to it but love it already Very Happy
Just bought it, so I'm running latest OS - Lion

I'm having problems with sims 3 games
I have store bought games and downloads.
I am experiencing some issues in getting them to run, so... I am researching and trying to sort through them right now....
hopefully I can lend some help when I get it working properly

P.S. Thanks to the G4TW team, you guys do a fantastic job Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 13:40

I run on mac osx snow leopard, lion and mountain lion but I also use windows 7 for the sims 3 ... I am wondering if there is a topic on installing sims3pack files onto the 'sims 3' game on mac Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 12 Nov 2012, 13:54

mjchong98 wrote:I run on mac osx snow leopard, lion and mountain lion but I also use windows 7 for the sims 3 ... I am wondering if there is a topic on installing sims3pack files onto the 'sims 3' game on mac Smile

First you need to extract sims3pack files into Documents/EA games/The Sims 3/Downloads file an then open the launcher, click the download section, there you can see packsvyou added, choose them and click the install button. You're done Surprised

I hope it's what you're asking.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 17:05

erm i do not know why but there is EA games folder in my documents folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 12 Nov 2012, 19:00

Isn't there a Electronic Arts folder in your documents? It should contain Sims 3 folder in it.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 09:52

thanks a lot after updating my game i have found it

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Tue 13 Nov 2012, 10:23

Happy to help Surprised
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013, 22:04

This is awesome! Yes, there are Mac users that need help! I have been trying to get my Sims 3 up and running for WEEKS until I stumbled upon this forum! I hope you guys continue to help out us Mackies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 06:00

hello everyone,

firstt, sorry for my bad english, i hope u all can understand what i mean, i'm not a native speak.

FYI, i'm using
macOS Sierra
version 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

and i already install WINESKIN WRAPPER & download all The Sims 4 file include Ultimate fix, and i already follow all instruction from G4TW, but i still have an error and i can't play The Sims 4.

i have windows parallel, but i don't want play in there, i'm so hopefully to play The Sims 4 on my mac not using window parallel.

so my problems is (take a look at picture i sent) everytime i launch The Sims 4 using my wrapper this always pop up

please help me,, i'm so desprated..
really want to play the Sims 4 on my MAC

How many Mac users do we have here? Img20111

Last edited by Needmorehelp on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 06:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : including image)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top