Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A serious error has occurred while loading "town".world

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A serious error has occurred while loading "town".world Empty A serious error has occurred while loading "town".world

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2012, 07:57

:newfag: Hello first time posting just wanted to say first you guys are great at what you do (supplying all these great torrents and with great support)

anyways back on topic

i have recently had a corrupt sims 3 installation with the release of sims 3 seasons so i uninstalled and re-installed every last sims 3 expansion (not fun nor fast). i own the base game through origin so....... and i have the expansions from you guys. it worked fine till yesterday (12/14/12) when decided to take a break from studying and boot up the game again after 2 weeks of not playing it and there was a store content update so i stupidly clicked OK. now when i go and try to load a save or start a new world on any map i get A serious error has occurred while loading "town/savegamename".world or .sim3 or what ever that was. now short of having to uninstall and re-install everything again i have done the ultimate fix provided by this form and the mediafire account and still nothing. i have searched the internet for 3 hours and nothing. I am trying to find a way to bypass having to uninstall and re-install this entire thing.

I have several (like 20+) store content things downloaded from your mediafire account
i also have 10 nraas mods installed (yes i have tried booting with out those)

if you need anything else please let me know

and thanks in advance for any assistance.

Back to top Go down

A serious error has occurred while loading "town".world Empty Re: A serious error has occurred while loading "town".world

Post by invalidusername Sat 15 Dec 2012, 09:43

Try backing up and removing the Sims 3 folder out of "My Documents". Then try to start a new game.

Also, did you restart your computer after uninstalling, and before re-installing?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

A serious error has occurred while loading "town".world Empty Re: A serious error has occurred while loading "town".world

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 15 Dec 2012, 13:26

Hello,

See if this applies to your situation at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:18

first off yes i did restart
second the fix lady Eldi gave didn't work

And last but not least

The Deleting "The Sims 3" folder from My Docs\ Electronic Arts worked, go figure.

so now i am curious, what causes this problem, if deleting the doc folder then i am guessing it might have been an options file or something similar?

But thanks for all the help its fixed

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:33

It was probably a cache error if that helped.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top