Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"A serious error has occurred while loading...'"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"A serious error has occurred while loading...'" Empty "A serious error has occurred while loading...'"

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 22:03

Every time I load any saved game i get this error, no matter what. I've tried every solution available, and nothing worked. I also don't have any backup files, just a folder for every save. I don't have any mods or custom content, just the base game, five expansions and one stuff pack. I've installed everything according to the instructions on this site, and tried reinstalling everything, too. I don't know what to do anymore. I cannot figure out the cause of my problem. Are the save files messed up in some way, or some other files, or had I done something wrong? Please help me. Sad
I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 by the way.

Back to top Go down

"A serious error has occurred while loading...'" Empty Re: "A serious error has occurred while loading...'"

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 01:48

Hello,
Can you please rename The Sims 3 folder in My Documents>Electronic Arts to something like "The Sims 3.old"(it doesn't matter)? And then open the launcher and close it, this will make new fresh The Sims 3 folder. Now take saves and mods folder from The Sims 3.old folder to new folder launcher created and try running your game again.

Back to top Go down

"A serious error has occurred while loading...'" Empty Re: "A serious error has occurred while loading...'"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Aug 2013, 05:28

Saya wrote:Every time I load any saved game i get this error, no matter what. I've tried every solution available, and nothing worked. I also don't have any backup files, just a folder for every save. I don't have any mods or custom content, just the base game, five expansions and one stuff pack. I've installed everything according to the instructions on this site, and tried reinstalling everything, too. I don't know what to do anymore. I cannot figure out the cause of my problem. Are the save files messed up in some way, or some other files, or had I done something wrong? Please help me. Sad
I'm on 64-bit Windows 7 by the way.
Hello,

You could also try the solution described here first: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3642-a-serious-error-has-occurred-while-loading-possible-fix-the-sims-3-neigbourhood-loading
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 19:16

Thank you so much! It works perfectly now. And fixed my lag problems, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top