Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED] Empty Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 03:12

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing ok!
I have this problem that I noticed lots of people have too (in other SIM forums) and I wondering if you might have a solution or if you know what it is (a bug or me doing something stupid) Razz

My sim finished an amazing painting and since I was moving to another house I kept her painting in the inventory. I moved, finished my new house and when I'm about to put the painting on the wall WOOOSSSHHH GONE!!! Shocked It just disappears and I've looked on every other side of that wall and nothing! Luckily I was able to save before that so I still have the painting but I can't put it anywhere without loosing it Evil or Very Mad it's very frustrating!

Do you guys know anything to fix this? Thanks!! santa

Back to top Go down

Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED] Empty Re: Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Mon 17 Dec 2012, 07:16

Are the walls up when you're trying to find it? Because all paintings put on the wall are invisible to the player when the walls are down or cutaway.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED] Empty Re: Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:37

invalidusername wrote:Are the walls up when you're trying to find it? Because all paintings put on the wall are invisible to the player when the walls are down or cutaway.

yes, they're up. I usually play with cutway or fully up walls Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 18 Dec 2012, 11:19

Hello,

Odd. Do you have mods that could be interfering?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 20:04

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Odd. Do you have mods that could be interfering?

No... no mods at all. It is strange because the original paintings (the ones you buy) are working fine. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 18 Dec 2012, 20:40

Is it any that are painted by a sim, or just this one?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 23:24

invalidusername wrote:Is it any that are painted by a sim, or just this one?

honestely my sim hasn't painted any thing else that I wanted to keep Razz so I'm not sure... everyone else I saw had this problem said it was any sim painted painting... I'll have to try with another one to be sure.

//EDIT

I uninstalled all the games and re-installed then again and now the paitings stick to the wall Very Happy thanks for the help. Merry Christmas! santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 22:00

Kinda late to this thread, but this almost sounds like what happens to me when I try to place doors, windows or fences with moveobjects on. Turning off moveobjects fixes it for me, though I'm not sure that the two scenarios are related.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 17:20

hexorcist wrote:Kinda late to this thread, but this almost sounds like what happens to me when I try to place doors, windows or fences with moveobjects on. Turning off moveobjects fixes it for me, though I'm not sure that the two scenarios are related.

I never used moveobjects but thanks anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:04

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working fine now!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Painting vanishes from wall O_O [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top