Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't save the game nor settings; The Sims: Medieval.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't save the game nor settings; The Sims: Medieval. Empty Can't save the game nor settings; The Sims: Medieval.

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 22:29

Hey,

for some reason, I can't save the game. A popup comes saying; "Saving is disabled during tutorial". Now, I'm not a complete idiot and actually have my tutorial running, but the thing is, I've finished the tutorial, saved once succesfully and when I started to play today and tried to save, I couldn't. For the options, I can change resolution but nothing else gets saved. I've done everything said in the "ultimate fix" thread.

Is this a known issue which can't be worked around?

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: The game is Sims Medieval. Forgot about that Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Can't save the game nor settings; The Sims: Medieval. Empty Re: Can't save the game nor settings; The Sims: Medieval.

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 23:29

Hello,

It's known that you can't save the game until you're completely done with the tutorial.
It's also known that the "Options" window keeps crashing whenever you click on it, but that should be solved in future patches.

There's an other way to change the "Options" stuff via a file somewhere in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin
I'm just not sure where that file was... try to search for something with "Config" in it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't save the game nor settings; The Sims: Medieval. Empty Re: Can't save the game nor settings; The Sims: Medieval.

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 23:52

Yeah the thing is I've completed the tutorial and gotten the little popup saying it's complete. I completed multiple quests after the tutorial. I also saved the game once before. And I can open the options screen fine since I can change the resolution, the information just doesn't update.

That config thing will probably work though. Thanks Smile

Admin edit: Problem solved for now, I guess. (Please PM me if I'm wrong)

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2011, 15:19

Hi, I have a same problem! How do I finish a tutorial?? Plz help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2011, 16:38

A thing which is probably tied to the settings not being saved, upon opening the game (this also happens in your sims 3) I get 2 popups, one saying the game can't recognize my hardware and the other saying it can't recognize my graphics card, saying I should contact customer support. I'm not too fussed about the options thing since with the correct resolution the game still looks okay, the primary issue here is the saving.

And no you actually didn't help at all with the actual problem, that being the fact that I can't save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 27 Mar 2011, 18:51

Tallulah wrote:Hi, I have a same problem! How do I finish a tutorial?? Plz help
Hello,

Haha, well, just do whatever the tutorial wants you to do, in order to finish it. I haven't played the game myself yet, as I was too busy with other stuff, but I read on the internet that the tutorial is very long. During the tutorial you can't save your game, which is a pretty bad idea from EA.

Songdingo wrote:A thing which is probably tied to the settings not being saved, upon opening the game (this also happens in your sims 3) I get 2 popups, one saying the game can't recognize my hardware and the other saying it can't recognize my graphics card, saying I should contact customer support. I'm not too fussed about the options thing since with the correct resolution the game still looks okay, the primary issue here is the saving.

And no you actually didn't help at all with the actual problem, that being the fact that I can't save.

I see. You can save the game áfter the tutorial is done. Have you finished the tutorial? It seems that the tutorial is véry long and takes a lot of time to finish. I'm sure they'll fix this in a later update of the game. The game is still fúll of bugs at this stage.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2011, 12:11

Actually During the tutorial at one point it says " now it would be a good time to save your game" (or something like that) and it shows you how to save.
However after it said to me "and this concludes our tutorial" and i wanted to save it didn't. It was showing the sims medieval green diamond thing but it lasted 3 seconds then it dissapeared . I read on here that other players have the same... but still didn't find a solution to it (or at least that's what i understood XD ) and i couldn't close the game unless i used ctrl+alt+delete. After i loged in to see if it actually saved something and the only thing that was saved was the part till the tutorial told me to save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top